[DEMO] Zachie's Mod (basically DoraeDoom but better)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[DEMO] Zachie's Mod (basically DoraeDoom but better)

Postby Zach7551 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:08 pm

Sorry for a bit of an absence since i last posted here.
I may as well do a quick (not really) explanation of why this wad exists before I do anything else.
It was 2018 when this all started. My hate for the Pokemon franchise had reached a permanent maximum.
I wanted to make some kind of stress relief game of some sort. And I thought "HEY! Why don't I make a mod of Doom where Doraemon shoots the F#$% out of a bunch of Pikachus?"
For those who don't know, My all time biggest pet peeve I have with the Pokemon franchise is the name. I'm a fan of an anime/manga series called Doraemon thats about a robot cat of the same name going back in time to help a kid named Nobita using a bunch of gadgets that he pulls out of a 4D Pocket on his belly. Whenever I mention Doraemon to some other average american (Because SOMEHOW this anime thats been on the air in Japan for FORTY GODDAMN years STILL HASN"T HAD A PROPER LOCALIZATION. Yes there's the Disney XD dub of the 2005 reboot, but lets ignore that half-assed name-change, unmatching voice hellspawn as if it never existed. It's even worse than any dub 4Kids had ever made.) their feeble mind always has the audacity to say "is that a ripoff of Pokemon?" and it pisses me off more than anything else.
Anyway, back to my story. I downloaded SLADE, ZDoom, and few other tools and got started.
The first incarnation of this wad, DoraeDoom, was basically an experience buildup. But since I was in the process of making a platformer in GameMaker called Furby Adventure Spectacular I felt I could go full out, so I basically continued development on the wad and had replaced the second map and put an exit sign in the first one. However, I got carried away and replaced the Cacodemons with Anpanman and the Wolfenstein 3D Nazis with Goku since I hated their franchises with a passion too. But whatever. I made plenty more maps within the next few months but lost motivation later on. The weapons got replaced with some stuff I think was really funny looking back:
Super Shotgun = A tiny little SpongeBob holding a shotgun and he says "Yeah!" when you (or he) fire(s) it.
Machine Gun = Conker from Conker's Bad Fur Day holding 2 UZI's.
Chainsaw = Sword Kirby.
Plasma Rifle = Super Famicom Controller that shoots plasma out of it's plug when Doraemon presses the B button.
But since I think going too TOO deep into this will probably trigger some people, I'll just cut it short and tell you that regained interest in it recently and decided to retool it. THAT'S WHERE THIS BRAND NEW DEMO COMES IN ! ! !

DOWNLOAD: https://leopard.hosting.pecon.us/dl/sesuf/zmoddemo.wad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zach7551

Return to Levels