Doom II - Hell Unleashed (Gzdoom Remaster) WIP

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Doom II - Hell Unleashed (Gzdoom Remaster) WIP

Postby MikeyScoots » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:25 am

What is Doom II Hell Unleashed?
A: Hell Unleashed sets to recreate Doom 2 on the gzdoom engine. The original layouts of all levels will be completely remastered and re-imagined into modern styled level design, so old and new Doomers will feel a familiar yet new experience of its own. Over 25 new enemies have been added to the Doom 2 beastiary for new and fun experiences. Balancing has been taken into 100% consideration here. Enhanced and reloadable weapons, more gore, action sequences, cutscenes and more. New and original music and sound is in works for this project as well.

5/5, Sir Adrian Carmack gave us a like.

Hell Unleashed will be created in Episode Format, which will be as follows:
Maps 01 - 07
Maps 08 - 14
MAPS 15 - 21
Maps 22 - 27
Maps 28 - 30 and 2 secret levels.

Maps 03 and 04 are in progress at this time.

GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa9RGY3 ... Nnx4AaABAg

Action Sequence #3:
https://www.facebook.com/HellUnleashedD ... 120402800/

Intro Cutscene:
https://www.facebook.com/HellUnleashedD ... 937999518/

Discord Development Server:
https://discord.gg/XMRKnup
Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/HellUnleashedD2

CURRENTLY SEEKING:
Gzdoom Mappers/Scripters
Music Artists
Texture/Sprite Artists
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MikeyScoots on Thu May 14, 2020 10:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
MikeyScoots

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Doom II - Hell Unleashed (Gzdoom Remaster)

Postby Dynamo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:13 am

The level visuals look somewhat interesting, but I hope this gameplay mod, which I assume to be brutal doom or some variant thereof, isn't mandatory to play? I find it particularly ugly and distracting and it gives me a hard time evaluating what the maps play or feel like. If possible it would be cool if you either offered screenshots or simply a video using the vanilla game state.
Dynamo
It's a jungle out there.

Postby MikeyScoots » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:21 am

Dynamo wrote:The level visuals look somewhat interesting, but I hope this gameplay mod, which I assume to be brutal doom or some variant thereof, isn't mandatory to play? I find it particularly ugly and distracting and it gives me a hard time evaluating what the maps play or feel like. If possible it would be cool if you either offered screenshots or simply a video using the vanilla game state.

Im using Project Brutality at the moment as I have no decorate knowledge or knowledge of how to enhance the gameplay on my own. If I had that knowledge or teamed up with someone who did, I'd be going a different route. I like some things about project BD, but not everything.
MikeyScoots

Postby Dynamo » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:51 am

I don't think it's necessary to have a gameplay mod companion, you can simply tell people to play the mod with whatever mod they like (in the case of Doom 2 Re-Build-T it's the much more readable Nobody Told Me About Id), but showcase the maps using the vanilla game state so that way people can have a much easier time trying to tell what's going on :) When it comes to decorate knowledge, you'll be able to find plenty of tutorials on this site as well as the wiki, and (hopefully) also plenty of people willing to help you with whatever questions you might have, but that's a separate subject from map making, I suppose.
Dynamo
It's a jungle out there.

Postby MikeyScoots » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:28 pm

Dynamo wrote:I don't think it's necessary to have a gameplay mod companion, you can simply tell people to play the mod with whatever mod they like (in the case of Doom 2 Re-Build-T it's the much more readable Nobody Told Me About Id), but showcase the maps using the vanilla game state so that way people can have a much easier time trying to tell what's going on :) When it comes to decorate knowledge, you'll be able to find plenty of tutorials on this site as well as the wiki, and (hopefully) also plenty of people willing to help you with whatever questions you might have, but that's a separate subject from map making, I suppose.

https://www.facebook.com/HellUnleashedD ... 814530662/ Trailer is out
MikeyScoots

Re: Doom II - Hell Unleashed (Gzdoom Remaster) WIP

Postby MikeyScoots » Thu May 14, 2020 10:08 am

New updates to the project in 1st post guys.
MikeyScoots

Return to Levels