Heretic: Quest for the Crystal Skulls - RELEASED

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Heretic: Quest for the Crystal Skulls - RELEASED

Postby Lagi » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:58 am

excellent maps. You have really good sense of what make a good architecture for game. Nice puzzles. excellent details (ships, boat, furnitures). Im having loads of fun.

neoworm wrote:...Or better get the GlovePie working again and map the artifacts to voice commands, that worked marvelously when I was playing Carnage galore for the first time some years ago.
:O, that must be like new level of gaming
Lagi

Postby hakrosinteractive » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:40 am

Very nice episode.
Finding wads for heretic is appreciated because they are quite scarce
hakrosinteractive

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Lagi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:28 pm

Could you add +INVENTORY.UNDROPPABLE flag to Crystal skulls?
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_flags

Currently this excellent mappack cannot be played with pistolstart (if something clear inventory it take away the blue skulls as well).
Lagi

Postby Jimmy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:27 pm

Call me an old timer but I think you probably just... shouldn't play hubs with a pistol start mod. Defeats their purpose.

Can't stop you adding the flag yourself, though, which I figure is the only option at this point given the set is final and on /idgames.
Jimmy

Discord: Jimmy#4100
Twitch ID: JimmySquared
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Daniel » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:49 pm

Very good!! We miss a lot mods for Heretic. Thanks!!!
Daniel

Postby CaptainToenail » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:52 am

Lagi wrote:Could you add +INVENTORY.UNDROPPABLE flag to Crystal skulls?

Hi Lagi. No problem here's a little patch you can load after the main wad. In theory all the levels should be playable from wand start. (you might want to give yourself some extra weapons for the final boss level though!)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/88fqscmsj ... l.wad/file

hakrosinteractive wrote:Very nice episode.
Finding wads for heretic is appreciated because they are quite scarce

Daniel wrote:Very good!! We miss a lot mods for Heretic. Thanks!!!

Thanks guys glad you had fun! Neodoom was a big inspiration for me back when I first started ZDoom modding Daniel, had a lot of fun with that - cheers :)

Edit: I have learnt recently that this mod will break when played in coop mode for the following reason - the crystal skull item can only be picked up once in multiplayer mode. This is because it appears to behave like a key in multiplayer - once picked up in one level, it can no longer be picked up again in subsequent levels (due to the hub setup) I am still puzzling over how to fix this and plan to release a patch.

In the meantime as a workaround, you use the give command i.e. "give crystalskull 1" to give yourself a crystal skull.
CaptainToenail

Postby ActionAlligator » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:53 pm

Hey, great mod & maps Toenail! Really enjoyed playing, and that's saying a lot since I've always found Heretic to be frankly kind of boring and one of the weaker doom engine games (Hexen was such a huge improvement imo).

The only map where I ran into some issues was Undercrypt; lots of crafty traps, but also kind of frustrating tbh, which I'm sure was intended. Thanks again for the contribution!
ActionAlligator

Postby Tresto » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:48 pm

Hello Toenail. I have to say that playing throught this wad was a bliss. I do not have a lot of experience in Heretic wads however you do not need to be a pro to admire the well tought design and very nice visuals. I have done a playtrough without and with Heretical Doom mod. Both were great however I noticed that some of Nitorgolem's projectiles targeted hit me trough the walls in Dreadhold map during HereticalDoom playtrough (I do not know if those were caused by the mod).
Thanks for this WAD.
Tresto

Previous

Return to Levels