E1M4 - "Command Control" Remake

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

E1M4 - "Command Control" Remake

Postby StalkerBlade » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:50 pm

A small project I did over a couple weekends while taking a break from my bigger Doom mods. No copy/pasting or anything like that, I wanted to remake everything from scratch. While the gameplay is basically the same, I did move/remove/redo a couple things. It's one of my favorite Doom maps, so keeping the gameplay intact was important. Has difficulty filters and should be compatible with most gameplay mods.

Requirements:
  • Doom2.wad
  • The latest version of GZDoom

Screenshots:

Download: https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/doom-e1m4-command-control-recreation

-Credits-
Doom 3 texture pack: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=54839
Kitchen Ace cover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Zx8WcxGIA
StalkerBlade

Re: E1M4 - "Command Control" Remake

Postby Dynamo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:13 pm

A very nice makeover that showcases the strengths of the doom 3 texture pack, which I'm hoping to see more good looking levels like this utilize in the future. Not too much to say about the gameplay as it's the same E1 goodness we all know, but I would totally have played all 9 maps had a complete remake of E1 in this style been the package released here. I guess some custom switches would have been nice to see, but given how sparsely they are used in the map it doesn't really affect the overall package. Thumbs up! Although is it just me or is the sky not properly resized in the textures lump?

I also played with the late dj redlight's doom remix pack that was made all the way in the mid 2000s for doomsday. I should upload that somewhere so that it isn't lost to time.
Dynamo
It's a jungle out there.

Postby StalkerBlade » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:55 pm

Dynamo wrote:I would totally have played all 9 maps had a complete remake of E1 in this style been the package released here.

I have thought about remaking Ep1's maps the same way I did this one when I get burned out from modding...Might not have the time to though..

Dynamo wrote:is it just me or is the sky not properly resized in the textures lump?

When I made the sky texture in PS I didn't notice how tall the white sky sections were, so when it's scaled down correctly you just see a plain white sky and can't see the mountains too well. I stretched it up a little bit so they're more visible...it was an easy fix, haha.
StalkerBlade

Postby Kills_Alone » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:09 am

This is lovely, cannot wait to play. Might have some footage later, for now I'm just going to chime in with everyone else and ask for more remakes in this style.

Kills_Alone

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby StalkerBlade » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Kills_Alone wrote:This is lovely, cannot wait to play. Might have some footage later, for now I'm just going to chime in with everyone else and ask for more remakes in this style.

Excellent Brutal Doom skills. Thanks for playing and recording it! It's certainly interesting seeing how others like to play through it and what mods they use.
StalkerBlade

Return to Levels