Magma Run - A Speedrun Based Level in Hell

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Magma Run - A Speedrun Based Level in Hell

Postby Dewzanity » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:03 pm

This is a short, somewhat effortless, and rather empty level I made that is only used to test your speedrunning skills. This is absolutely NOT my best potential for map making.

Basically, the player has approximately 90 seconds to go through a hellish course. If the player doesn't make it in time, the player will die.

The skill settings are based on how many shortcuts there are to make it to the exit quicker.

If you aren't very good at speedrunning, I recommend playing on the first two difficulties or so, but if you're an expert, then playing on UV or Nightmare will be a great challenge that requires almost flawless movement throughout.

This was inspired by map 28 of Scythe. If you're playing this on hard, this will be slightly more difficult on hard for Scythe map 28.

Download link here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nht5mgros ... n.wad/file
Dewzanity
An archvile on a rollercoaster. WEEHEEHEEE!

Discord: Dewzan#9404
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: Magma Run - A Speedrun Based Level in Hell

Postby Dancso » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:34 pm

An interesting experiment. I only gave it the one go on UV with a few minor mistakes, and a crusher accident, I didn't make it, but got kinda close. The flow was rather good, always managed to keep momentum high with no confusion on where to go, the crushers were a sore point for me though, I just couldn't pass multiple in one cycle.
Is SR50 required, also is jumping allowed? (to minimize friction)
Dancso
bow wow

Re: Magma Run - A Speedrun Based Level in Hell

Postby Dewzanity » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:48 pm

SR50 is required to beat the level on hard, because it would be too easy for regular SR50 players if it weren't required. Although you probably won't have to SR50 on the other difficulties. Jumping and crouching however, isn't required to win. I'll probably make a sequel level to this, and disable jump and crouch for it.
Dewzanity
An archvile on a rollercoaster. WEEHEEHEEE!

Discord: Dewzan#9404
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Return to Levels