Autoload Edition (Episode-Ready Conversions)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
silentzora

Re: Autoload Edition (Episode-Ready Conversions)

Post by silentzora »

Agitatio wrote:It's not a big deal, but to me not having it feels more in-line with purpose of this project. Especially if you make more of these down the line.
I would like to, honestly. I know there are a few who have asked me privately if I would do PL2 and PRCP, but unfortunately, due to the text file stating the projects can not be modified, my hands are tied. I even attempted to send PerOxyd (project leader for PL2) a courtesy email to explicitly ask for permission, but the email bounced. :(

If there are any other projects out there that catch my eye, though, I'll be weighing whether or not to develop Autoload Editions of them. Doom: The Way Id Did is a strong contender at this point.
crossvisionmedia

Post by crossvisionmedia »

I for one can't wait to see what other episodes you will have with this! Please keep up the good work!
DevilHunter
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by DevilHunter »

Ok so.. Where is the weapons that are shown in the D64D2 video?? I loaded up this thinking I was gonna have those cool weapons, but didn't see them. I even downloaded the original mod from moddb, and didn't see such weapons.
Korell

Post by Korell »

DevilHunter wrote:Ok so.. Where is the weapons that are shown in the D64D2 video?? I loaded up this thinking I was gonna have those cool weapons, but didn't see them. I even downloaded the original mod from moddb, and didn't see such weapons.
These are versions of the map sets that can be autoloaded and run with other gameplay mods. You can see in the D64D2 video that it was played with the Zagemod mod, and that is what changed the weapons and monsters.
PandaDoomer

Post by PandaDoomer »

TNTR still has its credits graphic.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

PandaDoomer wrote:TNTR still has its credits graphic.
Yes. I was asked to keep credits information intact for release. If you want to remove it in Slade, I won't stop you.
PandaDoomer

Post by PandaDoomer »

silentzora wrote:
PandaDoomer wrote:TNTR still has its credits graphic.
Yes. I was asked to keep credits information intact for release. If you want to remove it in Slade, I won't stop you.
Fair enough :P
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Added an Autoload Edition of Double Impact to OP, with permission from RottKing. I wanted to celebrate the mod's inclusion to the recent Bethesda ports' lineup.
CasualChris

Post by CasualChris »

Good stuff. Would you consider making one for No End In Sight if you can get permission for it?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

CasualChris wrote:Good stuff. Would you consider making one for No End In Sight if you can get permission for it?
Absolutely. Only change I'd make is turn it into one long episode, with inventory resets via ZMAPINFO on each M1. I'll be looking into it to see if I'm allowed to make the conversion.
PhoxFyre007

Post by PhoxFyre007 »

silentzora wrote:
Agitatio wrote:It's not a big deal, but to me not having it feels more in-line with purpose of this project. Especially if you make more of these down the line.
I would like to, honestly. I know there are a few who have asked me privately if I would do PL2 and PRCP, but unfortunately, due to the text file stating the projects can not be modified, my hands are tied. I even attempted to send PerOxyd (project leader for PL2) a courtesy email to explicitly ask for permission, but the email bounced. :(

If there are any other projects out there that catch my eye, though, I'll be weighing whether or not to develop Autoload Editions of them. Doom: The Way Id Did is a strong contender at this point.
I understand this thread is rather stale by now, but I would absolutely LOVE to see (Ultimate) Doom The Way ID Did and Doom II The Way Id Did as episode-form conversions!
Valken

Post by Valken »

So awesome... Should add the Lost episodes and or Doom Zero so it be near complete.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Valken wrote:So awesome... Should add the Lost episodes and or Doom Zero so it be near complete.
Definitely can't do Lost Episodes since that's a commercial release.

...Well, I mean, I technically can, but I wouldn't be allowed to release it. Sorry.
Valken

Post by Valken »

Hmmm.. maybe if you provided the mapinfo.txt and the user has to take their own "copy" of the wads, open slade and modified it? Or create a "patch" so it loads AFTER the wads and changes the mapinfo or whatever parameters? I am guessing you are not actually editing the map source.

I was thinking these plus the PSX or console exclusive levels should be "slip streamed" into the map order so we can play from beginning to end.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Valken wrote:Hmmm.. maybe if you provided the mapinfo.txt and the user has to take their own "copy" of the wads, open slade and modified it? Or create a "patch" so it loads AFTER the wads and changes the mapinfo or whatever parameters? I am guessing you are not actually editing the map source.

I was thinking these plus the PSX or console exclusive levels should be "slip streamed" into the map order so we can play from beginning to end.
If you want to autoload the PSX exclusives and a few of the beta maps, Xaser's "Lost Episode" can already be loaded as an autoload file.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=16291

Return to “Levels”