Holiday DOOMMAS Community Mapping Project

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Holiday DOOMMAS Community Mapping Project

Postby GiraffeMan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:43 pm

Mahagony-Parade-of-Lights.jpg

December has finally started, but since there are 23 days till Christmas Eve, I feel I should have started this earlier. I think we could still pull through either way.
Inspired by Spooktober by Marisa, the deadline we wanna work toward is December 24th, the day before Christmas, but we could put in one or two extra days if need be.

Here's the rundown:

The project is gonna have 12 maps including a final boss, with a Hub-Map to go between them + 6 SEEEKRIT MAPS all scattered across the Hub-Map
The overall theme is cheery Christmas stuff, or morbid Christmas stuff, or mellow wintery stuff, as long as it relates to the Christmas season.
Custom resources; textures, monsters, items, etc. are allowed AND APPRECIATED!!! :D We need all the cool stuff we can get, heh.
You must make your map in UDMF format; simply because it is the most universal, flexible, and awesome format. 8-) Also cuz I might need to clean up unused resources later on.
All maps are gonna be played from "pistol start" unless the mapper starts you off with another weapon.
Music in ANY format is allowed.
Make sure to have lotsa fun and put very much love into your maps!!! :mrgreen:

Merry Xmas in advance, may you and your families have an Epic December.

Current Status:
:? I haven't made much progress; since I've barely started. I guess you could download the map to see what I've got so far, bundled with the resources I'm using/may use later on: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JwuRb ... NGL-AFyFLN

Maps:

Hub
• Decembrance Village - Giraffe Man

Lower Body
• MAP01 - (Empty)
• MAP02 - (Empty)

Torso
• MAP03 - (Empty)
• MAP04 - (Empty)

Right Arm Branchyard
•MAP05 - (Empty)
•MAP06 - (Empty)