[WIP] Gomorrah - A UDMF mapset powered by OTEX

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[WIP] Gomorrah - A UDMF mapset powered by OTEX

Postby MFG38 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:34 am

This is a project I've been smashing away at over the past two months. Things have now shaped up to the point where I feel confident enough to post a thread about it.

INTRODUCTION

Gomorrah is a WIP mapset for GZDoom consisting of 6 brand-new maps, powered by ukiro's amazing OTEX texture set. The general goal of the mapset is to provide a gameplay experience that combines the classic Doom gameplay experience with puzzles and a checkpoint system, all the while taking advantage of GZDoom's feature set to provide beautiful setpieces to look at.

In Gomorrah, you'll be traversing three different locations - an abandoned mine/techbase, a medieval castle and a fortress in Hell - in search of three skull keys. Each skull key is going to be locked behind a puzzle which you'll have to solve. Once you have all three of them, you must use them to open a gate beyond which lies your final challenge.

Features:
  • 5 playable maps, each with a distinct theme + a hub map
  • An experience that mixes classic Doom gameplay with puzzles
  • Checkpoint system
  • Original soundtrack

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler:

So when is it coming out then?

While progress on Gomorrah has been steady, I'm unable to give an exact release date as of yet. There are some events coming up within the next few months that may slow down progress quite significantly, as well as another personal project that I may occasionally jump over to. That said, my goal at the moment is to get all 6 maps to a playable state by the end of 2019 at the very least. Rest assured that you'll be able to play these maps sooner or later!
Last edited by MFG38 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MFG38

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit

Re: [WIP] Gomorrah - A UDMF mapset powered by OTEX

Postby PFL » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:20 pm

Awesome
PFL

Postby MFG38 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:14 am

Progress on Gomorrah has been kinda slow lately, but I have gotten some work done on the Hell map this week. Screenshots of what I managed to conjure up are in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:
MFG38

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit

Postby PRIMEVAL » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:46 am

Damn sexy!
PRIMEVAL

Return to Levels