Sewers Redux (aka E1M10)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BlueFireZ88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Sewers Redux (aka E1M10)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

I'll keep this short:

Here is a fan edit of the infamous E1M10 (by David Calvin & David Blanshine). Hopefully you find it at least a step up from the original. Went out of my way to add more detail, make it a tad more linear, and remove a lot of the unnecessary dead end areas that didn't add anything. I also replaced the Barons, Cacos, and Lost Souls to give the level a more proper Episode 1 feel.

Map is E2M1, Please enjoy!

Screenshots
Spoiler:
SEWERS-REDUX.wad
(109.77 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Last edited by BlueFireZ88 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kills_Alone

Re: Sewers Redux (aka E1M10)

Post by Kills_Alone »

This is the type of map where you just run and gun especially once you find dat sexy Chain gun. I missed one secret and one enemy on my first test. I thought it looked like a lot of enemies at first but once I threw myself at them I wanted more enemies pouring out everywhere; classic DOOM right here.

EDIT: Here is playthrough from last night.
Diabolución

Post by Diabolución »

Interesting, I really like the MIDI you have chosen. Do you plan on giving Betray the same treatment?
Last edited by Diabolución on Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

@Kills_Alone

Thanks for the playthrough, very nice to watch Sir!

@Diabolución

Tried looking into editing Betray for a project I'm fussing with, but ultimately, it only boils down to changes in lighting and textures, and replacing the Nazis with Zombos. Not really too much different than what it is already honestly.
DavidN

Post by DavidN »

Had a go of this on my channel! Thanks for getting me to play this map at last :) I think it’s a nice rework, but that it needs a lot more of an overhaul before Sewers can really be called a good map.

https://youtu.be/akwOyQi1Wf0
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Update:

Minor texture fixes, and I more opted to use the music from the Xbox version, so the map is now listed as E2M1.
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Here some updates for the level (download in the first post):

-Re-aligned textures across the map and changed some around.
-Cut the elevator ride in the yellow key room in half.
-Moved the secret chaingun to the blue key room (you'll find a useful cutting tool in the old spot).
-One last surprise for those thinking about making a quick exit.
Diabolución

Post by Diabolución »

BlueFireZ88 wrote:Tried looking into editing Betray for a project I'm fussing with, but ultimately, it only boils down to changes in lighting and textures, and replacing the Nazis with Zombos. Not really too much different than what it is already honestly.
I understand. Even so, I am really interested in knowing which cool custom MIDI would you choose for Betray, if you had to pick one instead of the default one (D_READ_M).

Return to “Levels”