Sewers Redux (aka E1M10)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Sewers Redux (aka E1M10)

Postby BlueFireZ88 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:27 pm

I'll keep this short:

Here is a fan edit of the infamous E1M10 (by David Calvin & David Blanshine). Hopefully you find it at least a step up from the original. Went out of my way to add more detail, make it a tad more linear, and remove a lot of the unnecessary dead end areas that didn't add anything. I also replaced the Barons, Cacos, and Lost Souls to give the level a more proper Episode 1 feel. Also has a new music track based on Wolfenstein (can't remember who made it though).

Map is E1M1, Please enjoy!

Sewers.png

SEWERS-REDUX.wad
(125.05 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
BlueFireZ88
Fight fire with BlueFire.

Re: Sewers Redux (aka E1M10)

Postby Kills_Alone » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:54 am

This is the type of map where you just run and gun especially once you find dat sexy Chain gun. I missed one secret and one enemy on my first test. I thought it looked like a lot of enemies at first but once I threw myself at them I wanted more enemies pouring out everywhere; classic DOOM right here.

EDIT: Here is playthrough from last night.
Kills_Alone

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Diabolución » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:45 pm

Interesting, I really like the MIDI you have chosen. Do you plan on giving Betray the same treatment?
Diabolución

Postby BlueFireZ88 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:41 pm

@Kills_Alone

Thanks for the playthrough, very nice to watch Sir!

@Diabolución

Tried looking into editing Betray for a project I'm fussing with, but ultimately, it only boils down to changes in lighting and textures, and replacing the Nazis with Zombos. Not really too much different than what it is already honestly.
BlueFireZ88
Fight fire with BlueFire.

Return to Levels