Hexen: Cult of Despair - A WoC campaign (1.3A Version)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hexen: Cult of Despair - A WoC campaign (1.3A Version)

Postby ELPoder36 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:11 pm

Aaah great! Yes, I started playing your 1.3A version yesterday and I'm still in the first levels. Yes, I love that there are those challenging enemies that complicate us and we have to think about the strategy. (That priest would be great if his bullet is instantaneous, don't you think? That he heals them instantly similar to an Arch-vile castings, waooo haha). The gentleman who heals I really liked! You have done a great job and you will set a precedent in hexen! continue like this. Note: Do you speak Spanish?
ELPoder36

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby Nightgaunt » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Looks great as usual, I check this thread almost daily to see if there's new stuff!
Nightgaunt

Postby ELPoder36 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:30 am

Exeor wrote:
ELPoder36 wrote:Hello creative genius! I greet you again and I congratulate your project and work again. I wanted to ask you something, in my case I always liked to play with high difficulty, but I understand that a creator must be regulated to please everyone, but they were thinking as something interesting to give it a creative touch and more strategic action and this is to incorporate enemies that have status-altering spells or Buffs / Debuffs. Thetis in the version before his last work had included enemies equivalent to Arch-vile such as the Hierophant that fired when playing a pink curse that slowed us down and diminished the damage. Another example was in the Hexen style an equivalent to the Bishop who was a Priest who healed his own ... How about trying to add enemies that have skills like that to make the game difficult and that one must go through those supports first to win in an enemy zone? would add an interesting touch, don't you think?

Hi ELPoder36!
Yeah, enemies like the Hierophant will appear later in the campaign, I want to make sure almost all WoC enemies from Tethis's addons spawn in some level or dungeons.
I also have plans for all Disciples/Bishops variants in the game, in fact, Priests appear in the Cultist Fortress already. The rest of them have not come out yet because I don't want to overwhelm the player with all the variants at once, new enemies make the player feel like they are progressing in their adventure, that is why I'm taking my time with the remaining monsters :D

Here you can see how the Priest is healing the Disciple:

About the skills, I'm coding new enemies from scratch that bring new strategies without being the typical enemy that only throws a fireball at you, here I coded the Oblivion Knight, an elite version of the Undead Warrior that can heal himself sometimes when he detects you attacked him (the gif is old but most of the code remains the same), so in the end I want to take this opportunity to create more enemies that support others in combat so that you prioritize them first

https://gyazo.com/4ac14ae2b9a428285ddaf77eaf0d1f90

Yes! It is understandable, look what I did as an idea for you, go to my post and I show you how I thought some enemy vileattack curses towards the player and how I made the priest heal instantly with vileattack and grant shield to others:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1xfzpzr7 ... 0.rar/file
ELPoder36

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby Exeor » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:09 am

ELPoder36 wrote:Yes! It is understandable, look what I did as an idea for you, go to my post and I show you how I thought some enemy vileattack curses towards the player and how I made the priest heal instantly with vileattack and grant shield to others:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1xfzpzr7 ... 0.rar/file

This can be really useful for a new bishop variant made from scratch later in the campaign (since I don't want to change the code of the original Tethis monsters). Thanks! :wink:
I think I said this in the past, but if someone wants to contribute to my campaign by doing some levels (caves, castles, overworld areas) I will be happy to include them in my mod :D
Exeor
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?

Postby Nightgaunt » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:23 am

I have zero useable talent but please contact this youtube guy and ask him to include his remixes!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHG8rgugo-Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djZaXaE ... df&index=5
Nightgaunt

Previous

Return to Levels