Abaddon's Nightmare (My first completed map)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TravyB
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Abaddon's Nightmare (My first completed map)

Post by TravyB »

Abaddon's Nightmare is a large, somewhat lengthy (I can complete it in about 13-17 minutes) and difficult map for GZDoom.

Originally, the plan was to create something similar to Plutonia's map 12, "Speed", but that turned into both a proving grounds for everything I've learned about using Doom Builder, Slade3, etc. over the last few months and to experiment with lighting and design. Some of these work a bit better than others, in my opinion, but I'm happy with how everything turned out. Much of the map was not pre-planned and what little was ended up being changed as I started plotting it out in DB and adding details.

I've used various textures and 'things' taken from the packs available on Realm667, to whose creators I of course give full credit and thanks, but the gameplay is completely unchanged. The map also features a lot of work on the lighting in a few parts so I'd recommend playing with the software renderer for maximum spookiness. I also only ever play with both mouselook and jumping turned off, but using them yourself shouldn't break anything (I hope).

I hope you enjoy the map and I'd love to hear your thoughts, both the good and the bad. Gameplay-wise I'd say its pretty difficult but I tried my best to make sure everything was fair. Keep an eye out for secrets, traps and enjoy the archvile.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/Z82Yz9x

The song is Baron's Province by James Paddock

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/utxhlsw9mxzjc ... N.wad?dl=0

Return to “Levels”