GatEs Beta v5

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sir Hattington
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

GatEs Beta v5

Post by Sir Hattington »

GatEs: a Microsoft Windows 9x themed Doom mod
Beta version 5: The 40% done update
by Sir Hattington 8/8/2018-9/13/2019
Jumping and crouching is required.

GatEs is Doom mod where you Play as Bill Gates in a 8 level long quest (only three levels are done) to fight off PC Optimization Inc. and their viruses. (maybe including somebody else...) I uploaded v1 and v2 on here. Versions v3 and v4 can be found on Doomworld.

Story: The world has been attacked by malware! And its hitting hard, PCs are getting attacked left and right by every computer virus imaginable! And the culprit is the tech support scammers who have stolen some of Microsoft's tech, and is trying to take over the world! So you (Bill Gates) must fight these viruses, fight the tech support scammers, and restore PCs that are counting on you Bill. Cut and paste until its done...

Change log:
.Added redesigned MAP02
.Added redesigned MAP03
.More enemies
.More sprites
.More textures
.So much stuff that I can't recall it off the top of my head

You can get it here: https://archive.org/details/gatesbetav5
Screenshot of MAP01
Screenshot of MAP01
Staledonut
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: GatEs Beta v5

Post by Staledonut »

This! looks glorious amounts of silly :D
i need to give this a try!
--------------------------------------------

that was fun :) i went in thinking the sounds would be grating and awful but it sounds good!
i like the simplistic spritestyle, it made me smile
The maps need more work. map01 has alot of unused room space it feels a bit barren, but the third map gets better at using it!
i was having a hard time knowing what items heals me and still after the three maps im still not Certain of how they looked. i would suggest some kind of hint to what is a health item on map01 to teach the player what each item is ;)
Sir Hattington
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Sir Hattington »

I never thought of the items being vague. That's probably because I was the one who made each item look the way it did so I always knew what item did what. Anyways,

Windows logo- medkit
CD with a music note- stimpack
Red windows logo- berserk
Staledonut
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Staledonut »

Sir Hattington wrote:I never thought of the items being vague. That's probably because I was the one who made each item look the way it did so I always knew what item did what. Anyways,

Windows logo- medkit
CD with a music note- stimpack
Red windows logo- berserk
this is a common thing when changeing something, the item either has to tell you visually that it is a health item or you have to tell the player via something.
one way may be making a kind of Medical Cabinet in map01 that "screams" hey these are health items! :D

Return to “Levels”