Page 3 of 3

Re: Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP (Release Candidate 1!)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:39 pm
by JacenXtreme
This is a really fun-looking mapset. I look forward to seeing it complete. AND that TITLE SCREEN IS AWESOME!

Re: Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP (Release Candidate 1!)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:17 am
by Voltcom9
Well I've played through the set and it's a pretty decent map pack all around. I'd say as far as community projects go, this was a huge success. Also, having the map exits and entrances tie together really makes for a strong sense of cohesion.

I know from what I've seen between forums, is that the whole project has been given a really positive reception so far. It'll be interesting to see how it's widely recieved by the general Doom community once it's posted to idgames.

Re: Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP (Release Candidate 1!)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:55 am
by Kinsie
Finished off the normal maps last night. Pretty great mapset, but I didn't think it stuck the landing - the last couple of levels are kind of weak, and the final level's switch to slaughtermap wasn't really up my alley.

Next up, to give the bonus maps a burl...

Re: Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP (Release Candidate 2!)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:11 pm
by Doomkid
NeonLights95 wrote:This is a really fun-looking mapset. I look forward to seeing it complete. AND that TITLE SCREEN IS AWESOME!

Sorry for the late reply, glad you like it! Gez did 99.99% of the work related to it, I just adjusted a few pixels, but I agree it turned out really well.

Voltcom9 wrote:Well I've played through the set and it's a pretty decent map pack all around. I'd say as far as community projects go, this was a huge success. Also, having the map exits and entrances tie together really makes for a strong sense of cohesion.

I know from what I've seen between forums, is that the whole project has been given a really positive reception so far. It'll be interesting to see how it's widely recieved by the general Doom community once it's posted to idgames.

Thanks a lot Voltcom, very glad to hear you think it turned out a success :D Hopefully others will agree!

Kinsie wrote:Finished off the normal maps last night. Pretty great mapset, but I didn't think it stuck the landing - the last couple of levels are kind of weak, and the final level's switch to slaughtermap wasn't really up my alley.

Next up, to give the bonus maps a burl...

Thanks a ton for the feedback Kinsie, and I did think that ending chapter, the last 3 maps in particular, might be a bit divisive. Still, I'm relieved to hear you mostly enjoyed it. The bonus maps are cool too and come down to a much more reasonable pace in terms of difficulty.

Thanks all so much for the comments. I just updated this to RC2 status, but that's just for the level designers mainly to make sure there's no duplicate work going on. If you've already played it, you've seen what there is to see!

Re: Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP (Release Candidate 2!)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:36 am
by Voltcom9
So what's the last stumbling block before posting to the idgames archive? Are the a couple last minute map updates or something that've popped up?

Re: Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP (Release Candidate 2!)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:46 am
by Doomkid
This is pretty much on it's way to idgames if I don't hear anything from anyone within the next week!

Here's the proposed final build: https://doomshack.org/wads/rudy2.zip

Re: Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP! FINAL RC, Come Get It!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:04 am
by Voltcom9
That's great news!

Re: Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP! Now on IDgames!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:08 am
by Doomkid
Sorry for the bump, but this just made it's way to idgames, the true final edition!

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/rudy2

Re: Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP! Now on IDgames!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:09 pm
by Voltcom9
Awww yeah! This has been a long time coming, but damn did it ever turn out well.
Great job on this Doomkid.