Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP! FINAL RC, Come Get It!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP (Release Candidate 1!)

Postby NeonLights95 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:39 pm

This is a really fun-looking mapset. I look forward to seeing it complete. AND that TITLE SCREEN IS AWESOME!
NeonLights95
I'm known by many names

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby Voltcom9 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:17 am

Well I've played through the set and it's a pretty decent map pack all around. I'd say as far as community projects go, this was a huge success. Also, having the map exits and entrances tie together really makes for a strong sense of cohesion.

I know from what I've seen between forums, is that the whole project has been given a really positive reception so far. It'll be interesting to see how it's widely recieved by the general Doom community once it's posted to idgames.
Voltcom9
the invisible member

Postby Kinsie » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:55 am

Finished off the normal maps last night. Pretty great mapset, but I didn't think it stuck the landing - the last couple of levels are kind of weak, and the final level's switch to slaughtermap wasn't really up my alley.

Next up, to give the bonus maps a burl...
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP (Release Candidate 2!)

Postby Doomkid » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:11 pm

NeonLights95 wrote:This is a really fun-looking mapset. I look forward to seeing it complete. AND that TITLE SCREEN IS AWESOME!

Sorry for the late reply, glad you like it! Gez did 99.99% of the work related to it, I just adjusted a few pixels, but I agree it turned out really well.

Voltcom9 wrote:Well I've played through the set and it's a pretty decent map pack all around. I'd say as far as community projects go, this was a huge success. Also, having the map exits and entrances tie together really makes for a strong sense of cohesion.

I know from what I've seen between forums, is that the whole project has been given a really positive reception so far. It'll be interesting to see how it's widely recieved by the general Doom community once it's posted to idgames.

Thanks a lot Voltcom, very glad to hear you think it turned out a success :D Hopefully others will agree!

Kinsie wrote:Finished off the normal maps last night. Pretty great mapset, but I didn't think it stuck the landing - the last couple of levels are kind of weak, and the final level's switch to slaughtermap wasn't really up my alley.

Next up, to give the bonus maps a burl...

Thanks a ton for the feedback Kinsie, and I did think that ending chapter, the last 3 maps in particular, might be a bit divisive. Still, I'm relieved to hear you mostly enjoyed it. The bonus maps are cool too and come down to a much more reasonable pace in terms of difficulty.

Thanks all so much for the comments. I just updated this to RC2 status, but that's just for the level designers mainly to make sure there's no duplicate work going on. If you've already played it, you've seen what there is to see!
Doomkid
drinks milk right from the carton, keeps library books till they're way overdue

Postby Voltcom9 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:36 am

So what's the last stumbling block before posting to the idgames archive? Are the a couple last minute map updates or something that've popped up?
Voltcom9
the invisible member

Postby Doomkid » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:46 am

This is pretty much on it's way to idgames if I don't hear anything from anyone within the next week!

Here's the proposed final build: https://doomshack.org/uploads/rudy2_.zip
Doomkid
drinks milk right from the carton, keeps library books till they're way overdue

Re: Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP! FINAL RC, Come Get It!

Postby Voltcom9 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:04 am

That's great news!
Voltcom9
the invisible member

Previous

Return to Levels