GERMS [3 Episode Megawad for ZDoom] *28/09* UPDATE

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

GERMS [3 Episode Megawad for ZDoom] *28/09* UPDATE

Postby zVOITTO » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:51 pm

===========================================================================

A strange structure resembling a huge meatgrinder dripping with blood has risen from the ground. There's some kind of a glowing orb floating on top of it... IT'S A FREE MEGASPHERE! BETTER GRAB MY RUNNING SHOES AND JUMP IN!

Aw Geez... There went to the germs.



Germs is a Doom 2 map pack for GZDoom/Zandronum made by a couple of Finnish Doom lunatics containing *20* maps, custom monsters, textures, revenants, music and weapons. Lots of blood, flesh, metal and marble painside. The plan is to have 32 playable maps in the future, and updates are coming soon™(and frequently?)

NOTICE The maps are designed with standard Doom movement in mind, so disable jumping and crouching for the intended experience and challenge. Also some of the levels are dark on purpose, and we would recommend playing with the "Dark" or "Doom" sector lighting modes.

**NEW in Version 1D

    - 5 NEW MAPS (01, 02, 20, 21, 23,)
    - OVERHAULED DOOM 64 STYLE WEAPONS WITH CUSTOM SPRITES AND SOUNDS! (Thanks to Dreadflame et al. see credits.txt within)
    - New episodic format and level order!
      Episode 1: Knee Deep in Germs
      Episode 2: Into the Meatgrinder
      Episode 3: 4th Circle of Hell
    -Some lamps pull bolts against the dying of the light
    -Various major and minor fixes and improvements
===========================================================================
Download the latest version of GERMS here: GERMS_V1D.zip

Alternative Google Drive Link: GERMS_V1D.zip
===========================================================================







Any and all feedback, reviews and criticisms are appreciated!

===========================================================================

Play Information, credits, old versions:
Spoiler:
Last edited by zVOITTO on Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:26 am, edited 17 times in total.
User avatar
zVOITTO
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2019
Location: Winland
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GERMS

Postby MFG38 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:01 am

Screenshots are looking cool. Will give this a spin at some point.
User avatar
MFG38
 
Joined: 14 Apr 2019
Location: Finland
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: GERMS

Postby zVOITTO » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:10 am

Thanks! Any feedback is appreciated ;)
User avatar
zVOITTO
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2019
Location: Winland
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GERMS

Postby Rachael » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:06 am

Wow - agreed on the screenshots. I see some very impressive ones there! Lots of detail. :)
User avatar
Rachael
Webmaster
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GERMS

Postby Mysterious Haruko » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:20 pm

Hey, screenshots are impressive in architecture case, but default skies don't do much of justice for set in my opinion. Something more oppressive, mystical or gloomy would be nice here as sky textures. But I don't want influence you that much. I'll give a run soon, if I won't forget.
User avatar
Mysterious Haruko
 
Joined: 25 Nov 2016
Location: Purple Sky

Re: GERMS

Postby zVOITTO » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:19 am

*NEW* TRAILER FOR GERMS
User avatar
zVOITTO
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2019
Location: Winland
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GERMS

Postby Grumpy Tengu » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:45 pm

Looked at the screenshots and thought it looked cool, gave it a go. I dont know who this is supposed to be for except maybe masochists. Difficulty is fine and dandy but this feels like you get punished for every step you advance and get bombarded with monsters. I tested on UV cause thats what i always play on and i lost motivation to keep on after like 10 minutes. Cant even give you constructive criticism cause i see these kind of maps all the time and i really dislike them. Always feels to me like someone wants to prove he is the biggest the baddest creator of them all by making their map this difficult and thats not the point its supposed to be fun above anything else..difficulty can be fun but within reason of course... so in short not my type of maps
User avatar
Grumpy Tengu
 
Joined: 02 Dec 2018
Discord: #2248

Re: GERMS *03/09 UPDATE*

Postby zVOITTO » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:15 am

NEW Screenshots:
Spoiler:
User avatar
zVOITTO
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2019
Location: Winland
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GERMS

Postby KILLER2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Grumpy Tengu wrote:Looked at the screenshots and thought it looked cool, gave it a go. I dont know who this is supposed to be for except maybe masochists. Difficulty is fine and dandy but this feels like you get punished for every step you advance and get bombarded with monsters. I tested on UV cause thats what i always play on and i lost motivation to keep on after like 10 minutes. Cant even give you constructive criticism cause i see these kind of maps all the time and i really dislike them. Always feels to me like someone wants to prove he is the biggest the baddest creator of them all by making their map this difficult and thats not the point its supposed to be fun above anything else..difficulty can be fun but within reason of course... so in short not my type of maps


I mean there's literally two difficulty levels easier than UV but why try anything else that might work when you can just give a bad review on the internet, amirite?
KILLER2
Banned User
 
Joined: 09 Apr 2010

Re: GERMS

Postby zVOITTO » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:05 am

KILLER2 wrote:
Grumpy Tengu wrote:Looked at the screenshots and thought it looked cool, gave it a go. I dont know who this is supposed to be for except maybe masochists. Difficulty is fine and dandy but this feels like you get punished for every step you advance and get bombarded with monsters. I tested on UV cause thats what i always play on and i lost motivation to keep on after like 10 minutes. Cant even give you constructive criticism cause i see these kind of maps all the time and i really dislike them. Always feels to me like someone wants to prove he is the biggest the baddest creator of them all by making their map this difficult and thats not the point its supposed to be fun above anything else..difficulty can be fun but within reason of course... so in short not my type of maps


I mean there's literally two difficulty levels easier than UV but why try anything else that might work when you can just give a bad review on the internet, amirite?


Both of you are right. I believe Grumpy played the V1 release of GERMS, where UV is the equilavent of V1a and V1b:s Masochism Difficulty. In the current version (v1b) UV should reflect more to Doom 2's UV, or maybe Plutonia, because it is still pretty hard :lol:
User avatar
zVOITTO
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2019
Location: Winland
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GERMS *03/09 UPDATE*

Postby Turin Turambar » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:08 am

Where is the yellow key in map05? I'm totally stuck on the map :(
Turin Turambar
 
Joined: 18 May 2019
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GERMS *03/09 UPDATE*

Postby zVOITTO » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:05 am

Turin Turambar wrote:Where is the yellow key in map05? I'm totally stuck on the map :(


Are you playing on Hurt Me Plenty? Just looked at the Yellow keycard on Map05, and noticed that it's missing the Skill 2 (HMP) flag! :blergh: Sorry about that! I recommend to just spawn the keycard in your inventory in the console with "give yellowcard", until we'll post a fixed version SOON™

Where the keycard should be:
Spoiler:
User avatar
zVOITTO
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2019
Location: Winland
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GERMS *08/10 FIX*

Postby Turin Turambar » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:09 am

Yes, I'm playing on HMP. I'm no masochist ;)

Ok, thanks for the reply. Happy to beta test it. :P
Turin Turambar
 
Joined: 18 May 2019
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GERMS *08/10 FIX*

Postby Turin Turambar » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:41 am

And advice: I would say map 01 is the hardest one from the first five maps. I would change the order so the easier ones are played before.
Turin Turambar
 
Joined: 18 May 2019
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GERMS *08/10 FIX*

Postby zVOITTO » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Turin Turambar wrote:And advice: I would say map 01 is the hardest one from the first five maps. I would change the order so the easier ones are played before.

Thanks for the feedback! The map order most likely will change as more maps are made. Two new maps are well on their way already :D
User avatar
zVOITTO
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2019
Location: Winland
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Next

Return to Levels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SRK and 3 guests