Can I have critique of the first map of this wad so far?

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Braxton

Can I have critique of the first map of this wad so far?

Post by Braxton »

Been working on it for about half an hour or so, maybe an hour.
braxton's work in progress 2.wad
The .wad
(14.18 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Blue Shadow

Re: Can I have critique of the first map of this wad so far?

Post by Blue Shadow »

This has no place in Editing Help -> Mapping. So I moved it to the projects forum.
LOZ_98
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Can I have critique of the first map of this wad so far?

Post by LOZ_98 »

I want to try this but first which game is it made for? I tried running it with Doom 2 and got some missing texture issues. Have you used any other addons that maybe you forgot to mention?

EDIT: So I just played through the whole thing using Doom 2, there's not much to say about it in it's current state. Here's a couple notes I'd like to mention:
  • The visuals are pretty basic, mostly just corridors linked to rooms with no details. the 2nd Room after the player start is alright though, you should try doing the same for the rest of the map.
  • There's lots of missing texture issues and texture alignment issues, Probably due to a resource wad missing, select your texture in 3D Mode in the editor and move it using arrow keys to align it, this doesn't work on Floor and Ceiling flats because of the current format of your map, so maybe you should switch over to UDMF.
  • There's a faulty sector issue causing weird glitches near the 2 Backpacks room, use "Make sector" to fix this.

Return to “Levels”