[WIP] TRINITY - New School Megawad

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
IvanDobrovski

[WIP] TRINITY - New School Megawad

Post by IvanDobrovski »

Welcome to TRINITY, the ultimate demon killing adventure! This is my personal project to bring a newschool mapset to play compatible with both GZDoom and Zandronum, supporting online play. This is currently a heavy WIP, but most of the resources are set in stone.

DOWNLOAD

You can download the single map teaser here: - Link removed until further notice -
Mirror: - Link removed until further notice -
GZdoom Compatibility Patch: - Link removed until further notice -

This contains the first map of the 2nd theme. Hope you enjoy it! If you're going to use GZDoom for this, make sure to include the compatibility patch last.

STORY

Sometime after the defeat of Icon of Sin, instead of simply retreating back to hell, the demon lords under its rule have instead began an effort to resurrect their master. An attempt so evil that it requires millions of souls offered as a sacrifice and to gather the souls demon lords, they turned their sights to Earth. Slaughtering in the name of their lost master, it's on you to stop them. You must eliminate the demon lords one by one by attacking their strongholds until there's none left.

THEMES

Three themes will be featured: 

UAC Tech-base / War zones on Earth -- Texture wise it's all there, only some new monsters specific for this theme are needed.
    Gothic Realm / Castles / Dark Magic -- Resources for this theme are 99% done. Only the bosses are missing.
    Depths of Hell / Twisted Realms. -- This theme shares most monsters from previous themes so doesn't need many new monsters. Texture wise all is there.

DESIGN

Don't read if you don't like your surprises spoiled :P
Spoiler: Design Spoilers

CREDITS
Spoiler: Credits List

SCREENSHOTS

Click for screenshots!

HELP

Even though this project was going to be a solo effort, a couple friends showed interest and so are making a map for this. If you wish to contribute to this project, you can PM me for more details regarding the project. Last but not least, be sure to leave feedback! I also require some more playtesters for the future maps who know how to keep things a secret :)

Make sure to follow the main project thread over at doomworld as well for recent news: Main Thread
Last edited by IvanDobrovski on Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IvanDobrovski

Re: [WIP] TRINITY - New School Megawad

Post by IvanDobrovski »

New WIP screenshots of MAP02:
Spoiler: Screenshots
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Dude these screenshots look bitchin! Definitely gonna be keeping an eye on this
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

@IvanDobrowski

Btw, did you asked for permission on the OTEX texture pack to use?
Because that texture pack, AFAIK, it's not ready to be permitted to embed in any pk3 or wad file. You must use it separately from the file.
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Played the demo. Very challenging (those damn mummies lol). I love the level of detail of this and the atmosphere given off. Anything with Quake is great with me (that Shambler sprite is awesome). I can lend a hand with something if you need. PMing you. ;)
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

leodoom85 wrote:@IvanDobrowski

Btw, did you asked for permission on the OTEX texture pack to use?
Because that texture pack, AFAIK, it's not ready to be permitted to embed in any pk3 or wad file. You must use it separately from the file.
No I haven't asked for permission as I assumed it was released? I mean it'd be strange to not allow people to use it in their files and release it for use... If this is a big problem then the author can contact me I suppose.
PRIMEVAL wrote:Played the demo. Very challenging (those damn mummies lol). I love the level of detail of this and the atmosphere given off. Anything with Quake is great with me (that Shambler sprite is awesome). I can lend a hand with something if you need. PMing you. ;)
Thanks for the feedback!
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

No I haven't asked for permission as I assumed it was released? I mean it'd be strange to not allow people to use it in their files and release it for use... If this is a big problem then the author can contact me I suppose.
Yes it was released but it's restricted for distribution, like merging to a wad or pk3 file.
You should check this page for some answers: https://doom.ukiro.com/otex-questions-and-answers/
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

Some new screenshots:
Spoiler:
ukiro

Post by ukiro »

You have not asked for, nor received, my permission to bundle my textures into this. Please remove them from your files and ask that users load OTEX externally instead.
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

Ivan, please read the OTEX text file / website.
Usage and distribution

How do I copy them to my WAD?
You don’t, ideally. You instruct people to play your wad with otex.wad. That way any future refinements that I make will carry over to your WAD and you avoid bundling 60MB of textures with every map set.

But I want to use your textures alongside other textures!
If there is some style or variation you’re missing, let me know and maybe I can add it. If not, you can still make your level include some custom textures and work with otex.wad by including a TEXTURE1 definition in your WAD, since otex uses TEXTURE2. Now there are some compatibility issues with certain engines for this, however.

I’m incredibly stubborn and entitled, so I demand to use some of these included in my WAD!
You’re extremely annoying, but know that I intend to support this down the line. I just want to feel entirely done with these textures before then.

I want to use these in a project with a custom palette!
If you only do things like de-saturate the blue’s a little but leave their positions in the palette intact, it’ll work fine. If you do something more extensive, like Ancient Aliens, this won’t work. There are a lot of very careful color utilization choices made in these textures so changing those around will fuck shit up.
If you absolutely feel you MUST include them in the PK3 for whatever reason, I would suggest contacting Ukiro, the author of this texture pack, and get his consent first. No promises he'll say yes, though.
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

New screenshots from MAP02 which is finished:
Spoiler:
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

holy fucking shit.
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

The third map is well under way with the blue color aesthetic.
Spoiler:
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

Here's a preview of the highlight fight of MAP03.

QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

This looks really good, I'm impressed with the structure of the screenies and that preview of Map03.

Return to “Levels”