Doomish Den of Design - a map that teaches you map design

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Doomish Den of Design - a map that teaches you map desig

Postby Dynamo » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:29 pm

If anyone does do that it'll likely have to be someone who downloaded it before as the map author doesn't appear to have visited the forums since his last post.
Dynamo
It's a jungle out there.

Postby tmachovec » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:31 am

skdursh wrote:Can we get a link for this that *doesn't* require you to pay for a monthly subscription to access? Looks like the site you used to originally upload it only hosts the file for a limited time for free before requiring payment. Perhaps try something like mediafire, anonfile, dropbox,google drive or mega in the future to avoid issues like this.

I swear I must have missed this link a few messages down from the op but this mediafire link currently working
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vvrqeruf ... D.wad/file
tmachovec

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Dancso » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:57 am

skdursh wrote:Can we get a link for this that *doesn't* require you to pay for a monthly subscription to access? Looks like the site you used to originally upload it only hosts the file for a limited time for free before requiring payment. Perhaps try something like mediafire, anonfile, dropbox,google drive or mega in the future to avoid issues like this.

Should still work.
---

I've started going through this in my spare time. I'd say I'm familiar with some of the concepts on a subconscious level, but it helps to go over them in clear terms and with examples. Hopefully it'll help me get over some design dilemmas i may have in the future. :)
Dancso
bow wow

Postby Diabolución » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Diabolución

Postby Dancso » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:46 am

So I finally had time to finish the whole thing, I'm comforted by the fact that a lot of it sounds like common sense, even though I bet it'll take me a lot of trial and error for it to really sink in.
As for color theory, there are ways to get quick references on what might work well together, personally I use this. Maybe it will be useful to someone else in matching up some pleasant colors for textures.
Dancso
bow wow

Previous

Return to Levels