Page 2 of 2

Re: Verdammnis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:35 am
by Kollech87
ToxicMasculinity wrote:Heck yeah, thanks for sharing this. I really love the original mod, and it's awesome that it's going to get some much needed compatibility now too. Honestly, this mod has some of the most brutally aggressive enemies in any mod I've ever tried, and I absolutely frickin love it. I remember it took me about 20 minutes just to get past the first enemy encounter in E1M1, and I was smiling the entire time. The fun factor element was definitely not forgotten about when designing this mod. No matter how good any map is, the gameplay experience can still be boring as hell if it just feels like mobile Duck Hunt due to lazy enemy placement, AI, encounter design, etc. This mod suffers from none of that. Also, the soundtrack is probably one of the best that I've heard yet. I'm not sure where the songs are from, but they'd all seem right at home on the Doom 4 OST. Great job all around, and good luck finishing the project.


Thank you for your kind words :D
The Idea about formatting it back to Vanilla just came overnight, i'm glad you enjoy the Game.
Comments like this keep me motivated :D

Re: Verdammnis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:39 am
by Kollech87
vsonnier wrote:
Honestly, this mod has some of the most brutally aggressive enemies in any mod I've ever tried, and I absolutely frickin love it.


Yeah, about that... Is it possible to tone down the difficulty ? Playing some mods on top of that which ramp up the difficulty of their own, we got some some ridicoulously hard gameplay frustrating for shit players like me.


Is the vanilla version quit to hard or do you mean the Modded version?
Right now im changing the maps back to vanilla never spend much thought about the difficulty, i really should keep an eye on this.

Re: Verdammnis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:18 pm
by vsonnier
Is the vanilla version quit to hard or do you mean the Modded version?


I remember the original version, impossible to play for me because the ennemies were too fast. Now that I've tested more this "mod-compatible" with Brutal Doom : Black Edition, difficulty seems OK indeed.

News Part 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:34 am
by Kollech87
News

The Project is going fine in the last days.
Verdammnis level 1 to 30 are bug free, Hellrealm is almost complete (24 levels from 30)
The secrets levels are done and After HellReam is Done. :D

The new Demo Contains 2 versions
1. Verdammnis-Final-Demo.pk3 is a version almost like the original one but with a submod i made, weapons and monsters are Random
in every playthrough.

2. VollVersion-test.pk3 is the Vanilla version



Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-oOCjPrbW-DbwDw3aS6zzH8GsJiPnQug/view?usp=sharing

New Releas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:34 pm
by Kollech87
Text Copy from Moddb Page


Update : 12.09.2019

Spoiler:



Download Link:

https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/verdammnis1

Re: Verdammnis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:45 pm
by ToxicMasculinity
Glad to see this mod is really close to being completed. I tested both versions, and they both play really well. I probably tried about 20-30 different mods with the vanilla version, and everything that I tested worked great. I don't think I've said this yet, but gameplay mechanics aside, Verdammnis also has outstanding maps in my opinion. Just thought I'd mention that. As always, I love the official version. My only request, not feedback, is that it would be nice to have in-game options to set which weapons spawn and don't spawn because there are a lot of weapons I love, and some that I really just don't like or think could be redone a bit better. Another cool option/alternative to what I suggested would be to add classes, but I know that would defeat the purpose of your intentions of making it a randomizer. Just a thought. Thanks again for the update, and good luck with Episode 4.

Minor feedback:
At the very beginning of E1M1, in the first room before going down the elevator, it would be nice if the gun sitting on the table wasn't a pistol since you already start with a pistol. I know there is another weapon behind the secret wall that isn't a pistol, but the first one should be something a little stronger as well to assist more with getting you through that first beginning after taking the elevator down. Like I said, I do love the intense chaos, but that first part is pretty damn brutal with a pistol as your weapon. I guess it might be a different weapon type on easier settings, I haven't checked. Also, for some reason that is the only weapon that is never randomized each playthrough. It's always the heavy pistol. Not sure if that's intentional, but I thought I'd mention it.

Re: Verdammnis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:53 pm
by Kollech87
ToxicMasculinity wrote:Glad to see this mod is really close to being completed. I tested both versions, and they both play really well. I probably tried about 20-30 different mods with the vanilla version, and everything that I tested worked great. I don't think I've said this yet, but gameplay mechanics aside, Verdammnis also has outstanding maps in my opinion. Just thought I'd mention that. As always, I love the official version. My only request, not feedback, is that it would be nice to have in-game options to set which weapons spawn and don't spawn because there are a lot of weapons I love, and some that I really just don't like or think could be redone a bit better. Another cool option/alternative to what I suggested would be to add classes, but I know that would defeat the purpose of your intentions of making it a randomizer. Just a thought. Thanks again for the update, and good luck with Episode 4.

Minor feedback:
At the very beginning of E1M1, in the first room before going down the elevator, it would be nice if the gun sitting on the table wasn't a pistol since you already start with a pistol. I know there is another weapon behind the secret wall that isn't a pistol, but the first one should be something a little stronger as well to assist more with getting you through that first beginning after taking the elevator down. Like I said, I do love the intense chaos, but that first part is pretty damn brutal with a pistol as your weapon. I guess it might be a different weapon type on easier settings, I haven't checked. Also, for some reason that is the only weapon that is never randomized each playthrough. It's always the heavy pistol. Not sure if that's intentional, but I thought I'd mention it.



Thank you for you kind words i really appreciate your comment also the feedback you gave me. yes indeed I'm trying to figure out how to get a spawning list for the guns I'm not really talented in scripting so this may take awhile... sorry. About the heavy pistol this issue is known to me and also bugs me alot, maybe I replace it with a shotgun or something else. The problem with balancing the weapons is something I'm still working on the Mod is actually meant to be a stand alone version but it fits nicely into the main Champaign.

Regards Kollech87

Verdammnis Ultra V1.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:17 pm
by Kollech87
After Working around with the verdammnis to go deluxe mod
I will bring all the new features in Verdammnis ultra v1.1 to

Burn enemies to Ash with Flames
Tilt++
Some new variants of the Cyberbruiser
New Design and better balanced Difficulty Levels
and some other small fixes ( which i forgotten :oops: )


Download Link

Spoiler:

Verdammnis Ultra V1.2 Official

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:04 am
by Kollech87
Verdammnis Ultra V1.2 Official Release

Copied from my moddb Page


Update 28.09.2019

Spoiler:


Download Link

https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/verdammnis1

Re: Verdammnis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:20 am
by vsonnier
Thank you for the update ! I'm only interested in Vanilla version personally, though. So is the Vanilla version considered finished/complete now ?

Re: Verdammnis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:24 am
by Kollech87
vsonnier wrote:Thank you for the update ! I'm only interested in Vanilla version personally, though. So is the Vanilla version considered finished/complete now ?


Thank you for your comment. :)

No it's not done yet episode 4 isn't done but the main campaigns Verdammnis and HellRealm are done.
Episode 4 is more like a add-on, but real life right now is killing me... And EP 4 will take a while to be finished.

Verdammnis Update

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:48 am
by Kollech87
Update 05.12.2019

Changelog:

Spoiler: