HEXEN: Realm of Carnage [DM MAPS] + Serpent Arsenal

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT Q&A or troubleshooting forums! They are for active projects only! Please use the Editing or General or its subforums for such questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

HEXEN: Realm of Carnage [DM MAPS] + Serpent Arsenal

Postby Seidolon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:59 am

Realm of Carnage is a Deathmatch Mappack that consists of 13 levels. Each level is unique in it's own way, whether it be with item re-population, map hazards, secret rewards, etc. The level aesthetics in Realm of Carnage attempt to not stray far from that of original Hexen so you get a classic 1995 feel while playing.

As an added bonus, I created Serpent Arsenal, a small weapon pack for Hexen specifically designed for deathmatch. I didn't spend a whole lot of time on this mod, which is why it doesn't have it's own thread. If you want to learn more about that mod look in the dedicated spoiler below. Serpent Arsenal is included in the .zip file with Realm of Carnage.

All maps made by Seidolon except MAP06 and MAP11 which are designed by auratoostronk and touched up by Seidolon.

Spoiler: Screenshots

Spoiler: Serpent Arsenal

DOWNLOAD - RealmOfCarnageV1.zip
Seidolon
Zombie suicide is a non-issue

Discord: NunOfYaBiznis
Twitch ID: DonkeyChonkey
Github ID: Ihavecancerplssuckmydfick
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: HEXEN: Realm of Carnage [DM MAPS] + Serpent Arsenal

Postby fluffyshambler » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:41 pm

Looks great! Where / when do people get together to play Hexen DM?
fluffyshambler

Re: HEXEN: Realm of Carnage [DM MAPS] + Serpent Arsenal

Postby auratoostronk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:00 pm

fluffyshambler wrote:Looks great! Where / when do people get together to play Hexen DM?

It's not as common as Doom, but there are Hexen servers that you can find using either Doomseeker or Zandronum's built-in server browser. Also, if you want to host one without port-forwarding, there's a handy service at allfearthesentinel.net that I personally use which lets you host servers on their software with nearly any wads. You just need to sign up for an account, which may take a day or two, but super worth it in my opinion. As far as get-togethers, I don't know of any large groups that are hexen-specific, but Zandronum has a discord server where you can probably get together with other people who may be interested.
auratoostronk

Return to Levels