DISCHARGE! - My Endgame

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
D.Scratch

DISCHARGE! - My Endgame

Post by D.Scratch »

Discharge is a 9 Level Wad for ZDoom with a use of 3d Floors, Dynamic Lighting and other stuff, but aims to play like a tradition Doom 2 wad but with very long maps.

Each map have a different ambient and style, starting on your common "UAC Base" Map going all the way to hell and to an old west inspired level. Some levels even have bosses at its end!

Normal is the intended difficulty because i wanted to go crazy on Hard, the last fews maps is the only ones that i can really say it's a slaughterfest.

The weapons have been changed too to be faster and damaging, so don't be afraid when you see the enemy count of each map, you will probably kill them faster than normal anyways (The Wad is balanced with my weapons change in mind, while mods still work, prefer using weapon mods that at least overpowers you a bit more than the default weaponry)

DOWNLOAD !DOWNLOAD! DOWNLOAD!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lk72lw8rh ... e.wad/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lk72lw8rh ... e.wad/file

Doomworld Thread: (For replyes and stuff)
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... y-endgame/

This wad was actually a compilation of all my work on the past three years, i hope you enjoy because i dont think i'll ever map again!
By D.Scratch

SOME PICS!

Additional Credits for realm 667 stuff, sounds and other:
Eriance, Dreadopp, Ghastly Dragon, Keksdose, MagicWazard, Blue Shadow, Tormentor667, FuzzballFox, Enjay, EarthQuake, CaptainToenail, Gothic Team, Lobotomy Software
Last edited by D.Scratch on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rowsol

Re: DISCHARGE! - My Endgame

Post by Rowsol »

This is really impressive so far. I'm 30 minutes into the first level. Having grabbed all 6 keys I died soon after in an outdoor section. My only gripe is how tight all the areas are, not much room to move around.

Just died at the end of map02. That area is insane. Monsters attacking from every direction and you have to dance around on pillars. I fell off...
D.Scratch

Post by D.Scratch »

Rowsol wrote:This is really impressive so far. I'm 30 minutes into the first level. Having grabbed all 6 keys I died soon after in an outdoor section. My only gripe is how tight all the areas are, not much room to move around.

Just died at the end of map02. That area is insane. Monsters attacking from every direction and you have to dance around on pillars. I fell off...
Haha, while there really is some spacing problems with some parts of the maps, in other instances i've abused tight or complicated spaces to make things more hard.

The last map is almost entire made with this subject in mind as you can see a little in the last image of the thread.
Well, i can say that it does makes things more complicated, but also more annoying.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Finished the first map. Is it made like an episode? I've noticed some "parts" of the level where music changes, and you don't need to backtrack; thought the whole wad is a one big level. So I was surprised it isn't the end after map01! :D
(The music is very good, I dunno why but I like it. What's the track of the last part of the first level?)
I like how it sometimes chews all the ammunition and you need to maneuver and find more to kill a horde. It's not that easy to play, and that's cool. A few times I had to use the chainsaw because no ammo left :D That not means there should be more ammo; not, that's enough but a bit scarce. And I like it.
Visuals are non-repetitive, "parts" are quite different one from another. I feel the latter maps made better in terms of visuals and such, the first ones are kinda simple comparing to other levels.

And it's a sad wad cause you plan to retire :(
D.Scratch

Post by D.Scratch »

Mere_Duke wrote:Finished the first map. Is it made like an episode? I've noticed some "parts" of the level where music changes, and you don't need to backtrack; thought the whole wad is a one big level. So I was surprised it isn't the end after map01! :D
(The music is very good, I dunno why but I like it. What's the track of the last part of the first level?)
I like how it sometimes chews all the ammunition and you need to maneuver and find more to kill a horde. It's not that easy to play, and that's cool. A few times I had to use the chainsaw because no ammo left :D That not means there should be more ammo; not, that's enough but a bit scarce. And I like it.
Visuals are non-repetitive, "parts" are quite different one from another. I feel the latter maps made better in terms of visuals and such, the first ones are kinda simple comparing to other levels.

And it's a sad wad cause you plan to retire :(
I took the last track of the first level from map 28 of Hell Revealed 2, very good song indeed.
I recommend you try infighting when a bunch of monsters show up at the same time, it can save lots of ammo!
The maps really feel like entire episodes especially with the music changes, the first map in fact is a combination of 6 different maps in made in the past, so i had the idea to change the music to don't get too repetitive.

Anyway, thanks for playing and your comment!

Return to “Levels”