The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

Postby mifu » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:18 am

Ok, been a while since I came here. Sorry for any late replies :P

Before I cover any of the new posts theres some important information I need to hand out.

We recently moved our git repo over to github! Our new link to the repo is https://github.com/Mythotic-Tinker-Station/lexicon

Seeing as most people gave github accounts, this was a good move to move the repo to. I will be asking if there is any bugs or suggestions please use the issue tracker on github to report them.

I'll update the OP thread later. Anyhoo.

Yholl wrote:I tried this out after finding out about it, but had a big problem. Your votegun mechanic basically doesn't work with some mods, rendering the entire vr map useless in them. Even using the console to give yourself the votegun, the votegun has no effect at all. This affects LegenDoom and Final Doomer at the very least.

I understand that it's a cool feature and a neat way of choosing maps, but I think a more mod-compatible method of selection would be a better choice for a multi-mapset compilation.


That is strange, although our focus is zandronum its possible theres issues. I have raised it with my dev team so we can discuss what we can do but im pretty sure I might need more information. If you could do me a favor and raise an issue at https://github.com/Mythotic-Tinker-Stat ... con/issues for me for tracking purposes and we'll look into it

openroadracer wrote:
Yholl wrote:I understand that it's a cool feature and a neat way of choosing maps, but I think a more mod-compatible method of selection would be a better choice for a multi-mapset compilation.
The "Compendium" multi-WAD compilation mod just has you walk straight into a portal with the .WAD's title screen on it. Think that would be a better idea?


Possibly. We had switches before but the convience of shooting stuff is something we liked. Something to try in either those two mods, you techically should be able to use any gun to select a map. Does this work?
mifu
 
Joined: 26 Aug 2013

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

Postby Yholl » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:18 am

mifu wrote:If you could do me a favor and raise an issue at https://github.com/Mythotic-Tinker-Stat ... con/issues for me for tracking purposes and we'll look into it
I've never done so before, but I'll give it a shot and hopefully not make a mess for you, hahaha
mifu wrote:Something to try in either those two mods, you techically should be able to use any gun to select a map. Does this work?
Nope, nothing works at all.
User avatar
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2012
Location: Here, stupid.

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

Postby UnbornDecay25 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:18 pm

To throw my hat into the 'mod not working' thing, every mod I've tried have some issues. From Gmota's menu not loading to some mods flat out not working. While vanilla this is nice, this isnt really mod friendly
User avatar
UnbornDecay25
 
Joined: 30 Oct 2018

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

Postby mifu » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:13 pm

Yholl wrote:
mifu wrote:Something to try in either those two mods, you techically should be able to use any gun to select a map. Does this work?
Nope, nothing works at all.


No worries. You may have noticed Tribream added an alterntive method for voting a map for the next version. Im hoping we can release it soon. It is just a patch/bug fix release.

UnbornDecay25 wrote:To throw my hat into the 'mod not working' thing, every mod I've tried have some issues. From Gmota's menu not loading to some mods flat out not working. While vanilla this is nice, this isnt really mod friendly


Sorry that you feel that way.

Tribeam just made a quick change for me where all scripts are named instead of numbers just in case somethings conflicting.

Please bear in mind the lexicon does have a bit of a focus for zandronum since its purpose was to make server hosting easier by allowing people to vote a mapset so some gameplay mods (especially those that do not work on zandronum) may have not been tested yet. Not saying this is bad however and if any issues crop up id be happy to get them looked into, all you need is to raise an issue at https://github.com/Mythotic-Tinker-Stat ... con/issues

I'd recommend an issue per mod you tried for tracking purposes if thats ok :)
mifu
 
Joined: 26 Aug 2013

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

Postby wildweasel » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:15 pm

One workaround I've found, for the majority of gameplay mods, is that you ARE still given the votegun, it just isn't selected automatically, and isn't defined in player classes' weapon slots. In such cases, you can pull down the console and type use votegun in order to be able to vote on a level. You will generally be given your actual default equipment once you enter the actual levels.

It's entirely possible that it not auto-selecting might be the fault of the neverswitchonpickup setting being on (I highly dislike auto-switch).
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

Postby UnbornDecay25 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:15 am

mifu wrote:I'd recommend an issue per mod you tried for tracking purposes if thats ok :)


Well there were a lot of them. From the old Terminator mod to the recently updated Doomreal. I'll see what I can do. Otherwise, this is a fanstastic collection of maps
User avatar
UnbornDecay25
 
Joined: 30 Oct 2018

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

Postby Mech » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:58 am

Since both Discord and bug tracker links are dead, I'll post it here. There's a gamebreaking bugs appearing when choosing Doom 2 Redux with Demon Steele mod loaded:
1)Level 1 - there's morphing room at the level's end, it doesn't morph back, but has an exit which leads out of level bounds, so I had to noclip out of there. 2)Level 6 (Crusher) - Level just completes itself (end of level stats screen is seen) few seconds after starts. 3)Level 7 (Dead simple) - destroying first wave of enemies should trigger appearing of steps, but instead it does nothing.
Mech
 
Joined: 04 Nov 2019
Discord: Mech#0603
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 32-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

Postby mifu » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:30 am

It would appear i forgot to do the most important thing and update very important things. The OP is now updated with correct info.

Mech wrote:Since both Discord and bug tracker links are dead, I'll post it here. There's a gamebreaking bugs appearing when choosing Doom 2 Redux with Demon Steele mod loaded:
1)Level 1 - there's morphing room at the level's end, it doesn't morph back, but has an exit which leads out of level bounds, so I had to noclip out of there. 2)Level 6 (Crusher) - Level just completes itself (end of level stats screen is seen) few seconds after starts. 3)Level 7 (Dead simple) - destroying first wave of enemies should trigger appearing of steps, but instead it does nothing.


Would require more testing as it could be anything. If i could get you to go to https://github.com/Mythotic-Tinker-Stat ... on/issues/ (thats what i forgot to update on this thread, sorry about that) and raise a ticket for me (would be very awesome if its 1 per level you experienced issues in)

Can i also ask, did you play those in vanilla by any chance and experience the same issue?
mifu
 
Joined: 26 Aug 2013

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

Postby Mech » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:23 am

mifu wrote:raise a ticket

Ok, will do.
Spoiler:

Why? As far as I understand, this command only shows player's coordinates in screen, not in the console itself. Wouldn't screenshot be better in this case? But if you need it, you should add a mention here that idmypos command must be set to 1 first, else it just returns "false".
Mech
 
Joined: 04 Nov 2019
Discord: Mech#0603
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 32-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

Postby Rachael » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:08 am

Mech wrote:Why? As far as I understand, this command only shows player's coordinates in screen, not in the console itself. Wouldn't screenshot be better in this case? But if you need it, you should add a mention here that idmypos command must be set to 1 first, else it just returns "false".

I don't think he cares how you get the player coordinates, as long as he has player coordinates he can use to fix the issue. That's usually why someone would ask for idmypos info. :P
User avatar
Rachael
Webmaster
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

Postby Mech » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:10 pm

Rachael wrote:I don't think he cares how you get the player coordinates

About it: I'm a mere player, not a coder. I don't know about ways of getting coordinates.
I thought inputting the command will give some console output, so I asked. And to clarify my previous post, I only meant the instruction was unclear.
Mech
 
Joined: 04 Nov 2019
Discord: Mech#0603
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 32-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Previous

Return to Levels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kills_Alone and 2 guests