The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mifu
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

Post by mifu »

A Mapset compilation

I'll add a newer screenshot later

This project is intended to be a megawad complation that will contain some of the most pouplar and fun mapsets. This will also contain short mapsets also.
This is to be used for Zandronum but it should work on GZDoom/QZDoom also

It will also contain a hub map where players can vote on the mapset to play on.
Spoiler: What mapsets are in there so far?

Where to download
Automatic builds can be found at https://jenkins.csnxs.uk/job/Lexicon/
These build are always built when we make an update to it https://github.com/Mythotic-Tinker-Station/lexicon

Latest build is build 133 which you can get at HERE
The music and other misc. Data build is 122 which you can get at HERE

Where can I play this?
This can be played and hosted on The Sentinel’s Playground with builds that i release.

Want to suggest other mapsets or report bugs?
Please report any issues to our issue tracker at https://github.com/Mythotic-Tinker-Stat ... on/issues/ . You can also join our discord at https://discord.gg/mwFZvHe

I am also looking for assistance with help in compiling more mapsets into the wad as it can take a very long time for me to add more sets in. If you want to contribute please let me know.

To check out the credits, you can check out the readme over At the lexicon git repo
Last edited by mifu on Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:24 am, edited 8 times in total.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset complaition

Post by Rachael »

Nice work on this. Just like with Compendium - this has allowed me to explore mapsets that I have never heard of or played before. :)
shawneth

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition

Post by shawneth »

Consistently updated and contains the highest quality map packs. MiFU is doing a fantastic job with this project.
Juste_ssgunner

Post by Juste_ssgunner »

sorry my english is some bad i use a translator :oops:
man this look very,very,very amazing good job...hey man this is like compendium and like him he helped me look for maps and play some of which I had never heard or played ... thanks for your work ... I was just bored and wanted to try map wads and I found this thanks :D
mifu

Re: The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset complaition

Post by mifu »

Rachael wrote:Nice work on this. Just like with Compendium - this has allowed me to explore mapsets that I have never heard of or played before. :)
Juste_ssgunner wrote:sorry my english is some bad i use a translator :oops:
man this look very,very,very amazing good job...hey man this is like compendium and like him he helped me look for maps and play some of which I had never heard or played ... thanks for your work ... I was just bored and wanted to try map wads and I found this thanks :D
Thanks guys! Glad you enjoy it so far.

Im currently cleaning up the pk3 at the moment which might be a long ask.
mifu

Post by mifu »

Build 120 is out! You can get the build here: https://jenkins.csnxs.uk/job/Lexicon/120/
Changes include:

Cleaned out the pk3 a bit, no more patches reliance
Added Mayhem17 and Sunlust (I hope your happy, that was hell)
Changed the startup lump to something more..... judas priest like :D

Because of this build, it should be easier to iron out conflicts when adding maps so hopefully i can add more shit soon. We also hit past the 30 mapsets part!
mifu

Post by mifu »

Build 122 is out! You can get the build here: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... ld-122.pk3 and https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... ld-122.pk3
Changes Include:

The following release will contain these changes:

- Alot of bug fixes. Turns out there was missing and conflicting shit all over the place
- Added Pizza Steve, Hellbound, 1994 Tune up Project, Hellcore and Unholy Realms
- Started to add single map wads, The Eye and The Spire are in
- HUB map got a sexy make over. It looks like a VR simulator in there.
- Couple of other novelty and easter eggish things in the hub
- Added cvar
lexicon_timer_1p_ignore
This will allow a player if they are the only ones in the server to bypass the timer when voting a map
- Cosmetic changes such as new hub music and a titlepic and titlemap

Voting has changed also. You now shoot the image you want to play with a "Votegun"

Also if you manage to complete a mapset, fireworks will go off when you go back to the hub!

Important information as follows:

- The new hub map is called VR
- When going back to the hub, you will loose all your weapons and items. We would like some feedback on this while you guys are playing to see if we keep this behaviour or change it.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

mifu wrote: - When going back to the hub, you will loose all your weapons and items. We would like some feedback on this while you guys are playing to see if we keep this behaviour or change it.
This actually makes perfect sense because when you go back to the hub, it would most likely be to start a new mapset so I see no problem whatsoever with that, thanks for this update mifu! :D
mifu

Post by mifu »

Hi all, sorry for the bump but I come bearing a gift

Build 133 is out! You can get the build here: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... ld-133.pk3 and https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... ld-133.pk3
Changes Include:

- We are now beta! This is only because we added a crap ton of mapsets
- Noteable additions are Ancient Aliens, Epic 1 and 2 and Deus Vult 2. Theres more. Check the read me for total maps
- Vote script optimizations.
- All strings (mapnames, lore entries etc) were placed in the languages lump
- Added some more CVARS. lexicon_clear_inventory will allow you change if players will loose their weapons and items when going back to the VR map.
lexicon_timer_all_players will let you change the vote timer so if all players have voted, the timer stops and selects the mapset to save time.
- VR map has been re-designed
- There are now gldefs and brightmaps
- Fireworks script will now actually trigger if you complete a mapset without call voting a map. If you want fireworks then dont votemap out of there.

Remember if you find any bugs please report them via our issues tracker. Theres a link on the OP. Thanks!
Last edited by mifu on Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Uh, there's a bit of an issue with map music. I've tried loading both Ancient Aliens and Stardate 20x6 in this mod, and the music plays the default MAP01 music, NOT the mod levelset's music. I've chosen not to play beyond the first maps as a result of this. Is it known if this persists across multiple maps?
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

mifu wrote:Hi all, sorry for the bump but I come bearing a gift

Build 133 is out! You can get the build here: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... ld-133.pk3 and https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... ld-133.pk3
Changes Include:

- We are now beta! This is only because we added a crap ton of mapsets
- Noteable additions are Ancient Aliens, Epic 1 and 2 and Deus Vult 2. Theres more. Check the read me for total maps
- Vote script optimizations.
- All strings (mapnames, lore entries etc) were placed in the languages lump
- Added some more CVARS. lexicon_clear_inventory will allow you change if players will loose their weapons and items when going back to the VR map.
lexicon_timer_all_players will let you change the vote timer so if all players have voted, the timer stops and selects the mapset to save time.
- VR map has been re-designed
- There are now gldefs and brightmaps
- Fireworks script will now actually trigger if you complete a mapset without call voting a map. If you want fireworks then dont votemap out of there.

Remember if you find any bugs please report them via our issues tracker. Theres a link on the OP. Thanks!
Both of your links got cut off, so consequently they don't lead anywhere.
mifu

Post by mifu »

skdursh wrote:
Both of your links got cut off, so consequently they don't lead anywhere.
Fixed it :) Thanks for letting me know.
openroadracer wrote:Uh, there's a bit of an issue with map music. I've tried loading both Ancient Aliens and Stardate 20x6 in this mod, and the music plays the default MAP01 music, NOT the mod levelset's music. I've chosen not to play beyond the first maps as a result of this. Is it known if this persists across multiple maps?
An issue has already been raised for it :)
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

This would be a very hard thing to do, I think, but if there is a chance, perhaps you could recommend some mods pre-entering a level. I know for a fact Slaughterhouse 2013 scares the shit out of me vanilla. I know nothing of coding so I dont expect that, just a suggestion
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

I tried this out after finding out about it, but had a big problem. Your votegun mechanic basically doesn't work with some mods, rendering the entire vr map useless in them. Even using the console to give yourself the votegun, the votegun has no effect at all. This affects LegenDoom and Final Doomer at the very least.

I understand that it's a cool feature and a neat way of choosing maps, but I think a more mod-compatible method of selection would be a better choice for a multi-mapset compilation.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Yholl wrote:I understand that it's a cool feature and a neat way of choosing maps, but I think a more mod-compatible method of selection would be a better choice for a multi-mapset compilation.
The "Compendium" multi-WAD compilation mod just has you walk straight into a portal with the .WAD's title screen on it. Think that would be a better idea?

Return to “Levels”