Deviled(gzdoom) (idgames link)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mysterious Haruko

Deviled(gzdoom) (idgames link)

Post by Mysterious Haruko »

Hello, this is my first time posting here in level section. I'm sharing my map which I made for vinesauce mapping contest. To keep it short, this map has three main places connected with portals and music changes. Any criticism, good words and anything else is welcomed.

Main information:
Requires gzdoom 3.3.0 and above, not sure if older versions will work
Iwad is Doom II in map01 slot
Freelook and jumping is allowed, crouching not

Screenshots:

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckp0ocz16o80avt/dlv.zip?dl=1

Idgames link: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... ts/d-f/dlv

Changes from stream:

Renamed wad from "dual-layered violence" to "deviled". That naming decision was done at last minute before submission, I seriously regretted that.
Added bunch of impassable lines to prevent gameplay breaks. No more skipping cyberdemon sequence.
Added some more detailing and monsters.
Players can freely jump out of cliffs and return back by using teleporters.
Added few more rockets.
Second map place now have shadows to make it more interesting.
Last edited by Mysterious Haruko on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
NGX

Re: Deviled(gzdoom)

Post by NGX »

I died and didn't make it :( I made it to the final arena with the dual-rocket Cyberdemon.

It was a cool and fun map :) Reminded me a bit of when I played Eternal Doom years ago :)

I think there was a bug, after the second Cyberdemon (in the large outdoor arena), where I teleported automatically after destroying him, met two chaingunners, and I was stuck in the pit together with them.
Mysterious Haruko

Hey, thanks for playing this map ;)
I hope you had a fun, because I really had it at those 5 days before deadline :D

Anyway, thank you for reminding me, that I need put additional stuff for that pit, if players won't go check switch. These days, I'm busy with other projects, so this map is on hold for idgames release and required fixes.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Unlike the Stardate20x6.wad, btw your map is pretty perfect to play :D

Should i rate your map overall 10/10
Mysterious Haruko

Thanks ;)

I tried to keep it more easy than usual, because of bad streamer skills ;)
Mysterious Haruko

Re: Deviled(gzdoom) (idgames link)

Sorry for double posting.

I put this map in idgames database, so it can be downloaded from here. It has some improved visuals and bugfixes.

Return to “Levels”