Set's Labyrinth

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DavidN

Set's Labyrinth

Post by DavidN »

It's been a while since I dove into here :) Here's a one-off map that was rescued from the scrap section of a collaborative project. It's called Set's Labyrinth, and it's a puzzle-themed (but also densely monster-populated) map with 20 secrets that was based on the thought "What if Hexen II were less boring?"

http://teamouse.net/games/doom/setslabyrinth.zip

Textures adapted from JIMMYTEX, featuring some additional work by Lud, BillGuy, leodoom85 and possibly others I've forgotten! Runs on GZDoom 3.2.5+ and DOOM2.WAD

Spoiler: More images
AvzinElkein

Re: Set's Labyrinth

Post by AvzinElkein »

Is it compatible w/ other mods?
DavidN

Post by DavidN »

Yep, no enemy weapon changes at all, just some scripting for the puzzle sections - go mad with it :)
Bezhael

Post by Bezhael »

This is a great map but some of the sound effects sound out of place with the theme. I think the Hexen / Heretic sound effects might make this sound more realistic.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Great job! This is a very entertaining level. In my opinion, this is just right amount of puzzles in a Doom level. Pretty visuals and decent, not too hard combat.
I hope that jumping was allowed, because I hopped all over the place.

Return to “Levels”