[RELEASED] The Quirky Domain - (A Doom 2 map)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [RELEASED] The Quirky Domain - (A Doom 2 map)

Post by StroggVorbis »

I don't mean to brag, but I had no problem with the platforming section, not after and not before the air control increase. In fact, after I saw the update in this thread, I first wanted to complete the older version so I could spot the difference.
ReformedJoe

Post by ReformedJoe »

DabbingSquidward wrote:I don't mean to brag, but I had no problem with the platforming section, not after and not before the air control increase. In fact, after I saw the update in this thread, I first wanted to complete the older version so I could spot the difference.
It might be the case that the section is easier than it appears, but for me it just ticked every box in my annoyance list.

Its basically the combination of the tiny moving platforms, and:
Spoiler:
Again everything about it just annoyed me on a visceral level.

However the room looks cool at least :)
mty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mty »

Awesome map. Played it a while ago. Very good architecture. I barely got lost, because everything is so distinguishable.
Roasterock

Post by Roasterock »

Coming from the IcarusLives video, expect a decent surge.

This was one of the freshest experiences I've had in Doom in a while. My only fears going into it were "Are the warp tricks gonna get me super lost?" and "Is the automap going to ruin the illusion". Both of which were completely shot down once I played it. There are more than enough landmarks to work through the level without getting stuck anywhere, and the way its layered keeps the tricks very well concealed (I have to be really ambiguous about it in order to not spoil anything in the slightest).

Having finished the map on Nightmare, my only problem would be that the Pain Elementals seemed to be intentionally far back so that they could spam souls without you being able to hit them very well. There was also a ton of them. Other than that, a solid experience that everyone here needs to look at.
Fishytza
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Fishytza »

This is now on idgames (see OP). Thanks to everyone who did give feedback!
Rexxilion_ex

Post by Rexxilion_ex »

Hi, also came from IcarusLives. It was pretty fun! Like others say the level design is excellent, very hard to get lost. Didn't understand the ending though, I heard it's supposed to be a reference but it went over my head :P
Fishytza
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Fishytza »

Look in the automap for references...

Return to “Levels”