Mansion: a hideous destructor map

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MrBoxBox

Mansion: a hideous destructor map

Post by MrBoxBox »

Hi everyone!

I made a map to be played with the hideous destructor gameplay mod
hideous destructor forum link:
viewtopic.php?t=12973

The aim is to infiltrate a mansion, flick a switch inside and escape alive! I wanted to give the player a lot of options to achieve their goals so i would appreciate some feedback on that regard and i'd obviously like to know if this even is any fun :D

download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_AaeDK ... sp=sharing
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Mansion: a hideous destructor map

Post by Caligari87 »

Fun little map, I did my first livestream with it here:

Overall impressions, kinda underdetailed but the layout works. Not too hard, even on Hideous. Basement is scary. Not sure what's up with the glitchy monsters in the wall on the left of the courtyard. Some missing textures. Could benefit from having some specially-placed monsters instead of randomspawners (like the window gunner who spawned with...an SMG instead of a rifle).

Good work!

8-)
MrBoxBox

Post by MrBoxBox »

Thanks :D The enemies inside the wall were supposed to pop out when you flick the switch to the exit but it seems like i've accidentally removed the sectors for that :( it's fixed now though. it turns out all enemies in hideous destructor are randomized to some extent. they move around even when the player isn't around so even the location is a bit randomized. as for the missing textures i had some problems with that myself. i'll be checking the video you posted and see if there's anything i can do.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! :D

edit: alright i fixed the texture issues and made the apartment elevator a bit more obvious
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

I like this map! I'm playing it through as an Infiltrator and it feels operator as fuck solo-ing the map.

Case in point, bypassing the guarded front lawn, going in through the side ground floor window, and PEW-PEWing my way through the basement with NVGs active.

Return to “Levels”