Haunted Base [complete]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
_mental_

Re: Haunted Base - rc1.1

Post by _mental_ »

As a nice to have feature I would mention custom monsters on endgame screen.
There is no need to show Doom II baddies absent from the map (like cyberdemon) but having new monsters there will be cool.

Own title screen will be nice too. I guess you could add it already if there was an image ready.
Probably a title map based on a small part of the level will suffice.

Also, about reflective floors used only on two sectors of the map. I noticed them only because of FPS dip at these locations.
This feature looks great in some maps. Although in this case it's really pointless in my opinion.
DavidRaven

Re: Haunted Base - rc1.1

Post by DavidRaven »

Ok, I' added a few things :D

- the final rooms have been edited: the final fight(s) is now more crowded
- added the custom monsters in the endgame screen (didn't knew that was possible, thanks!)
- reflective floors removed
- more secrets
- quake 2 inspired health bonuses

I'd like to make a titlescreen, but I'm not very good at that. I'll see if I'm able to do something decent, anyway :)
The download link is in the first post.
_mental_

Re: Haunted Base - rc1.2

Post by _mental_ »

Made a walkthrough once again. The ending battle is much better indeed.
For some reason regular Demon is called Wraith in the endgame cast, and Diabolist is called Diabloist (the latter is probably intentional).
Outside of that, I didn't find any issues. Good job!
DavidRaven

Re: Haunted Base - rc1.2

Post by DavidRaven »

Thank you, I've corrected that error! I think the wad may now be considered complete, thanks a lot for the support :)
Rex705

Re: Haunted Base [complete]

Post by Rex705 »

So when do we get a sequel :)

Return to “Levels”