uacquarantine.wad

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Orka

uacquarantine.wad

Post by Orka »

Operation: Quarantine UAC Special Secret Hellspawn-Extermination Action
(Yes, this is the name of my map. :D )
This is a little map I made for Vargskelethor Joel's Hellectric Boogaloo Doom Mapping Contest. I made it in around 2 days. Frankly I've had much fun with it so I thought why not post it here? :)
Features:
-3D floors
-A machine talking to you while trying to access a locked door without any keys
-A fun secret:
Spoiler:
Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gj0hk1jjc ... antine.rar

Feel free to leave feedbacks. :)
Vertigo

Re: uacquarantine.wad

Post by Vertigo »

Here is my FDA and review

I really enjoyed the map, there are just a handful of cosmetic tweaks that could be done (texture alignment, lower unpegging doortrak etc)
Orka

Post by Orka »

Thanks for you feedback. Phew, honestly I'm glad you didn't find the last secret(s) at least in the video. :D (It wouldn't be fun to find it anymore if someone shows the greatest secret in the whole map.)
About the misaligned textures, I was a bit frustrated about those textures as I tried to align them because if I did it then another part of it got misaligned again. I surely could have done it but I didn't want to waste my time with it... so yeah... I was a bit lazy about that. :D
The contest I mentioned:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UlFPCsdiPk
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

Orka wrote:Thanks for you feedback. Phew, honestly I'm glad you didn't find the last secret(s) at least in the video. :D (It wouldn't be fun to find it anymore if someone shows the greatest secret in the whole map.)
About the misaligned textures, I was a bit frustrated about those textures as I tried to align them because if I did it then another part of it got misaligned again. I surely could have done it but I didn't want to waste my time with it... so yeah... I was a bit lazy about that. :D
The contest I mentioned:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UlFPCsdiPk

Ahhhhh, I know that contest, I've seen the thread but haven't really looked into it much. As for the texture alignment couldn't you just go into DB2 and autoalign? That should work for the 'hole blown in the wall' part at least (I think?). The texture alignment in the main room wasn't really a big deal, the texture tiles so much that it's not super noticeable anyway.

Return to “Levels”