SVNHRNS/SVNEYES

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
R4L
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: SVNHRNS/SVNEYES

Post by R4L »

Marisa Kirisame wrote:I really like how this is turning out.

About those two vids, I'm also making a SH-themed mod so that is very relevant to my interests. :P

Also hi Icarus, fancy seeing you around these forums.
It's unfortunately on hiatus until I have time away from Metroid: Dreadnought... Also, gotta be in that fucked up mindset to make a mod similar in style to SH. I believe yours looks more faithful to that style. :)

Also cortlong, I'm serious about testing this... Let me know!
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

Nice to see some more horror, lore-focused mods are popping up.

Just a quick ask, were you inspired by DUSK? by any chance cortlong? Getting a massive "The Facilities" vibe from the video, and the screenshots, with the whole UAC doing massively questionable ethics,semi-industrial design, concrete overuse, sin of Hubris, etc
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

XLightningStormL wrote:Nice to see some more horror, lore-focused mods are popping up.

Just a quick ask, were you inspired by DUSK? by any chance cortlong? Getting a massive "The Facilities" vibe from the video, and the screenshots, with the whole UAC doing massively questionable ethics,semi-industrial design, concrete overuse, sin of Hubris, etc
ive actually never played it, have meant to, but every time i start a game i think "damn...i should be working on my map" hahaha
but ill definitely check it out because its been on my radar/

R4L wrote:

About those two vids, I'm also making a SH-themed mod so that is very relevant to my interests. :P

It's unfortunately on hiatus until I have time away from Metroid: Dreadnought... Also, gotta be in that fucked up mindset to make a mod similar in style to SH. I believe yours looks more faithful to that style. :)

Also cortlong, I'm serious about testing this... Let me know!

ill definitely keep you in the loop, i gotta learn when to just let some shit go but im such a perfectionist. so as soon as the first map is finished (i worked backwards through this pack) ill holler!
insightguy wrote:Was this inspired by an SCP? With the story involving coverups, space-time shit being messed up, I almost though at first glance along with the top picture that this was inspired by SCP-1936 (2 eldritch Gods duke it out because someone lured them both to the town).

Either way, this is gonna look sweet.

ive nveer heard of SCP but after some digging i am fascinated. holy shit hahaha, thats definitely a solid place to pull some inspiration, plus who doesnt love a good horror story.

MrIcarus wrote:Very much looking forward to this one. I'm a sucker for some good atmospherics and it looks like this will have it in spades.
thats my number one objective making this. like keep it doom, but make you feel sucked in. you know?

hell yeah! i dont wanna overdo the horror, and detract from doom, but i personally think they go great together.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

this isnt dead.

in fact itll never die.

ive just been busy and in kind of a "damn...i am having mappers block" spell right now. it happens, ill keep chipping away until the creativity comes back

i do this all the time...like three months of nothing then 40 hour weeks working on it for two months. is what it is...i cant force it.

here are some screens to justify this random bump.

armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Those new screenies look beautiful great job still looking forward to playing this when it's released.
R4L
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by R4L »

Looking pretty badass so far man. Keep it up!
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

This looks pretty great and I enjoyed the teaser trailer/lore setup of the first post.

Although that isn't exactly what 3rd dimension means, I think I can suspend my disbelief. :P
XLightningStormL

Definitely needs a new Skybox because Mouselook (lol)
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

The moment there's a release--even if it's a demo--I'm playing it.

With Hideous Destructor. Because I am a madman.
ReX

Post by ReX »

I just watched the promo video, and all I can say is: "Wow!"

How did you achieve a 2+ minute continuous-panning shot? If I didn't know any better I'd think you had built a map with a loooooong corridor, along which you moved your "camera".

Anyway, the game oozes atmosphere. Nice story line build-up too.

(I'd have to agree with XLightningStormL, though; you should use a high-def skybox, instead of the DooM 2 sky.)
XLightningStormL

Any updates on this dude? Been really quiet, the last news I head coming from this was from a Doom modding facebook page.

Also on mapper's block, just randomly push foward, and add stuff or detail, then go back and fix it if it doesn't work out enough, works well for me.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

update.

still working on this. just finishing one more map and tightening up the project a bit.

here aresome shots of the PBR that ive added. im not gonna over-do it because it doesnt mesh well with doom sprites...but in small doses i think its fantastic.

Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Looks amazing can't wait for more. Keep up the awesome work.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

probably wont be more.

just found out the new version of GZDoom just broke a ton of shit all over the map (because why ensure backwards compatibility right?) and after 4 years working on this just have it get fucked up...im over it.

im probably gonna mark this as a complete waste of time and a dead project. im not going to go back through every level just to have it get broken later, or break it for the older versions when people wanna play with actually decent framerates (and then have the devs act like im stupid for bringing up legitimate issues for every release.)

im straight up defeated at this point. im sick of playing catch up with each version of GZ. That was 4 years of fuckin pain in the ass for nothing.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

What's the nature of the breakages? There could be bugs in GZDoom itself or something that you might just need to tweak. Alternatively just aim for a specific release in future?

I'd hate to see something so promising disappear.

Return to “Levels”