[Vanilla] Take a break and play Doom

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
A.Gamma

[Vanilla] Take a break and play Doom

Post by A.Gamma »

I don't usually post much here anymore, but I figured I'd share this wad with the Zdoom community since not all of you visit Doomworld.

Anyway, this is a vanilla mapset consisting of 10 speedmaps for Doom 2. I was going to wait until I had 32 before I shared them but decided to anyway becuase I'm too lazy to make 32 maps the feedback could be useful and maybe even encourage me to keep going.

The maps are intended for pistol starts, and were tested with DOOM2.EXE, Chocolate Doom, PrBoom+ and Zdoom.

The screenshots:
Spoiler:
The download:https://waa.ai/zgra
Last edited by A.Gamma on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Vanilla] Take a break and play Doom

Post by wildweasel »

Hello, I've taken the liberty of reducing the size of your screenshots in accordance with the Image Posting Rules. There's not much point to them being 1280px-wide when they're effectively original-resolution shots, anyway.
A.Gamma

Post by A.Gamma »

wildweasel wrote:Hello, I've taken the liberty of reducing the size of your screenshots in accordance with the Image Posting Rules. There's not much point to them being 1280px-wide when they're effectively original-resolution shots, anyway.
Oh sure, sorry about that. I just copied the links I posted at Doomworld and forgot about the image size limit here.

Anyway, here's an updated version of the WAD for anyone intersted. Fixes bugs. https://waa.ai/zgra
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Gonna give this a run in 3DGE to ease my nerves :) Thank you very much for this release, very quality for a vanilla expansion - which is always a blessing around these parts. Thank you AG, and keep it up with the map grind, there is always more that we would like to see!
A.Gamma

Post by A.Gamma »

Thanks! I'm working on a new version, which will include numerous fixes to certain maps (MAP08 in particular) and maybe even a new map or two :D

Return to “Levels”