Light of the Seven (GZDoom)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jake Crusher

Light of the Seven (GZDoom)

Post by Jake Crusher »

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!
Few months ago (last August) a speedmapping contest was held on Doom Power (Russian Doom Community), with different RDC's level designers participating in it. Different styles, different levels, e.t.c.
Nevertheless, here is contest's winner - Shadowman's new... nope, not the next "Inquisitor". :D

Allow me to present - "Light of the Seven", Shadowman's new GZDoom level.

The only thing that MUST be mentioned is that this level can be finished with few different ways. Everything else will be a spoiler.

Still, if you'd like to know more, then...
Spoiler:
Oh, and music for this map is performed by none other than Shadowman himself. :)

Have a good time playing!

PS. Almost forgot - here is an REMOVED LINK, which has original music track (that is related to spoiler).
Last edited by Hellser on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed link, contains a copyrighted MP3/OGG.
ShotgunImp

Re: Light of the Seven (GZDoom)

Post by ShotgunImp »

So you are not Shadowman?
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Do not upload that which is not yours. Especially if it contains a copyrighted song. Midi is acceptable, OGG is not. Especially with a show as popular as Game of Thrones.

Also, given that you are not Shadowman - I'm locking this thread under the guideline:
Spoiler: The Rules
Edit:
Shadowman contacted me. I'm unlocking the thread. But once again, do not share the original rendition of the song.
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

Hellser wrote: Shadowman contacted me. I'm unlocking the thread. But once again, do not share the original rendition of the song.
Ok, thanks!
A version on /idgames quite correctly conveys original idea)
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

I have completed this level.
Played it with High Noon Drifter mod.
It's very good & unusual, but what else to expect from an experienced mapmaker? I hope I didn't break the gameplay by using mod, but it seems to be compatible.

Yes, and the idea of time run is well-designed; I'm not a fan of time running, but I like this one.
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

Mere_Duke wrote:I have completed this level.
Played it with High Noon Drifter mod.
It's very good & unusual, but what else to expect from an experienced mapmaker? I hope I didn't break the gameplay by using mod, but it seems to be compatible.
Yes, and the idea of time run is well-designed; I'm not a fan of time running, but I like this one.
Good video! You managed to find a way out before the counter ended. In general, you can go through the map in 3 ways :lol:
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Hmm, another ways?) Different endings, or the end point is always the same?
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

Mere_Duke wrote:Hmm, another ways?) Different endings, or the end point is always the same?
Different endings and different ways ))

Return to “Levels”