Dark Universe part 1 released

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Re: Dark Universe part 1 released

Post by Nash »

You really should put screenshots in the first post... people are sleeping on this due to lack of images.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

Ok thx for the screenshots.
I love the more immersive half life like feel of this and also very nice use of textures(quick suggestion: they would look even nicer with normal or secular mapping)
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

Nash wrote:You really should put screenshots in the first post... people are sleeping on this due to lack of images.
Thanks, I just put some up this morning.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Nice job on this is it just me or did i notice some level changes in here since i played the beta? also i did have trouble finding the blue force field switch on last level lol
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

armymen12002003 wrote:Nice job on this is it just me or did i notice some level changes in here since i played the beta? also i did have trouble finding the blue force field switch on last level lol
You are correct. I added a lot of new stuff to all the maps. Tried to give all those who tried the beta more incentive to play the early levels again. :) Thanks for giving it a spin.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

no problem i might put a full playthrough on my youtube lol
PFL

Post by PFL »

WOW this was excellent, wonderful, brilliant. So much paths you can take that will modify the course of your game, so many different secrets and different events that occurs to let you stay alert or on yours guard. I knew at first when I saw them that those robots ,,, :) I would make them a bit harder though. And the visual ... ! This is, up to my tastes, one in my top ten since 1994 man; that good. If you can complete this with many more maps, you will have here a very happy Doomer. Thanks.
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

PFL wrote:WOW this was excellent, wonderful, brilliant. So much paths you can take that will modify the course of your game, so many different secrets and different events that occurs to let you stay alert or on yours guard. I knew at first when I saw them that those robots ,,, :) I would make them a bit harder though. And the visual ... ! This is, up to my tastes, one in my top ten since 1994 man; that good. If you can complete this with many more maps, you will have here a very happy Doomer. Thanks.
Thanks a bunch, really glad you enjoyed it. Most of the ideas for Part 2 are worked out (it will mostly be on the nearby planet's surface). Will begin work on it in a few months. Thanks again.
eLeR

Post by eLeR »

Hello, I recently downloaded and played Dark Univerese using the Project Malice mod and Doom Incarnate. Great level! I was playing really well. In the video below you can see how I prepared a space horror.

eLeR

Post by eLeR »

Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

eLeR wrote:Hello, I recently downloaded and played Dark Univerese using the Project Malice mod and Doom Incarnate. Great level! I was playing really well. In the video below you can see how I prepared a space horror.

That's great work. Thanks for featuring this on your channel. Now to watch them all :)
eLeR

Post by eLeR »

Payload4367 wrote:
eLeR wrote:Hello, I recently downloaded and played Dark Univerese using the Project Malice mod and Doom Incarnate. Great level! I was playing really well. In the video below you can see how I prepared a space horror.

That's great work. Thanks for featuring this on your channel. Now to watch them all :)
Thank you. Admittedly, the comment is in Polish, but summarizing what I say, I praise the level design at every step and I curse when monsters oppress me :P

You did well to leave the vanilla weapons and monsters behind. Thanks to this, anyone can easily implement the modifications at their own discretion.

Tonight (my time) I will be finishing this map pack. I can't wait for a continuation.

On Realm667, I found a brief mention of this. Somewhere else you can observe the work on the project "Dark Universe part 2"?

edit:
This level turned out to be more difficult than the previous ones. This is mainly due to the level design - wherever I would go, a monster attacks me from some nook and cranny. This layout is very thoughtful and is a great example of how you can make a difficult level that is not a slaughtermap.
Last edited by eLeR on Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

Not at the moment. I took a detour while working on the Aliens: Eradication mod and haven't started back on it yet. I'll get back to it soon and will be starting a new thread here on these forums. Thanks again.
eLeR

Post by eLeR »

ActionAlligator

Post by ActionAlligator »

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say that I very much enjoyed this project as well and look forward to part 2!

Return to “Levels”