The Alfonzone

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The Alfonzone

Post by StroggVorbis »

Gameplay mods that make use of Playerclasses with RestrictedTo/ForbiddenTo like Armed Recruit/Veteran or Doomzone also don't work well with this map set, 'cause if a weapon triggers something, it can happen that it's a weapon the player is under no circumstance able to pick up.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

It's possible to get stuck in Map 08 with the shotgun elevator. If you get behind the elevator and it goes up, you'll never be able to get out.
Pinchy

Post by Pinchy »

_mental_ wrote:MAP02 still contains a chaingun (thing #4) that triggers spawning of imps and zombiemen (depends on difficulty).
This doesn't prevent progression but makes 100% kills impossible without picking it up.

MAP05 has teleport destination (thing #412) which is missing on lower skill levels.
This makes 100% kills impossible with skill 1 and 2.
Thanks for reporting, the MAP05 fix will be in the next update.

The chaingun in MAP02 is why the "nearly all" is there. I've only recently worked out how to fix this problem by creating a blank pickup, I'm going to be doing a second pass on triggers to see which ones are suitable for it.

I really wanted to get this big update out first as it had a lot of fixes so I left the chaingun problem to be addressed in the future.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Map 43 crashes on ZDoom 2.8.1 and it's GZDoom counterpart few seconds after you press the button that activates the low gravity.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

4thcharacter wrote:Map 43 crashes on ZDoom 2.8.1 and it's GZDoom counterpart few seconds after you press the button that activates the low gravity.
Works for me using GZDoom 3.4.1 and ZDoom 2.8.1 too. If it still crashes with GZDoom 3.4.1, post crash report with all available information to a separate topic in Bugs subforum.
Like it's been said many times, there is a high chance that crash is caused by some bug in the engine. Often modders cannot do anything with it.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

I think he refers to GZDoom 1.9.1. But the question is does it crash with ZDoom LE or ZDoom32?
If it crashes with 3.4.1 do as _mental_ said.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

It's fine in the latest GZDoom version.

How come it's fine in ZDoom 2.8.1. and not on 1.9.1 when the two are exactly the same except the renderer?
Pinchy

Post by Pinchy »

Version 1.04

Fixes

Map05 - Added skill 1 and 2 flags to the teleporter on the staircase
Map08 - Switch added under the shotgun elevator
Map29 - Technical adjustments for secrets
Map30 - Midtex wrapping not displaying as expected
Map38 - The exit now opens automatically, much faster and cannot be triggered from above
Map39 - Exit trigger tweaked to ensure 100% kills

Changes

All maps where possible - Item and key triggers changed to custom decorate actors to make sure they always activate
Minor WADINFO updates
Unused graphics and code removed

Additions

Par times added (previously were rough max times)
Jazzy city is now jazzier and brought friends
BRIKWORX advertisement up
Version number added to the text file

Music Updates

Map 07 - 047 Jesus Sandals.mid
Map 14 - 013 Thrummingbird.mid
Map 36 - 021 Digital Bitchslap.mid
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I'm playing through this again, this time with Guncaster and gzdoom 3.7.2. I encountered a bug on the map Dark Souls. When I picked up the megasphere the ghost souls vanished but the enemies didn't spawn in. I finished the map with a 22% kill total.
It must've been something else. Tried again and it works fine.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Zandronum works fine but has many bugs
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

YasuoProjectX wrote:Zandronum works fine but has many bugs
From what I know, it's not compatible with Zandronum, so what you're experiencing is normal.

Return to “Levels”