Void And Rainbow

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Void And Rainbow

Post by Rachael »

This version is *MUCH* better! Thank you! :)

It's very pretty. :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Congratulations, your game featured on ICARUSLIV3S channel!

IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

I have a couple of minor bugs to report. There are some decorations resembling a globe on a short pillar. In the screenshots and videos I've seen, these appear to have the same rainbow effect as the textures and other decorations, but when I play this mod with GZDoom version 3.6.0, the globes and their pillars are white. Also when I start playing, I get a lot of error messages reading "portal on floor/ceiling of sector xxxx is sloped and will be disabled", though the mod still seems to be fully playable.

I would like to say while I'm here that this mod has an amazing dream-like feel to it which I love. This is a really masterfully crafted piece of work.
Serious_MOod
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Serious_MOod »

IDKrisis wrote:I have a couple of minor bugs to report. There are some decorations resembling a globe on a short pillar. In the screenshots and videos I've seen, these appear to have the same rainbow effect as the textures and other decorations, but when I play this mod with GZDoom version 3.6.0, the globes and their pillars are white. Also when I start playing, I get a lot of error messages reading "portal on floor/ceiling of sector xxxx is sloped and will be disabled", though the mod still seems to be fully playable.
The pillars are painted white due to brightmaps, this is fixable. I just don’t pay attention to the messages in the console, although they personally annoy me, but everything works nonetheless. Much more annoying to me a bug with light, when the color of the light does not match the color of textures and sprites.
IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

I came back to this recently and after some testing, I found that GZDoom version 3.3.2 is the most compatible with this mod. Recent versions may not display some textures correctly.

Incidentally, I can't help but wonder what else could be done in the future with shifting textures and sprites...
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Could you please give some details? Screenshots with map coordinates will help too.
IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

All of the waterfalls and most of the other colour-changing textures flash and flicker in the latest version of GZDoom. This is easily solved by simply using an earlier version, as I’ve mentioned.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Works fine for me.

But nevertheless - have you tried LZDoom? It exists on the older version of GZDoom's code, with the newer non-renderer features tacked on.

Maybe that might work better for you.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

IDKrisis wrote:All of the waterfalls and most of the other colour-changing textures flash and flicker in the latest version of GZDoom.
AMD graphics hardware?
IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

_mental_ wrote:AMD graphics hardware?
Yes. Simply using GZDoom version 3.3.2 solves the problem, as all the old versions are freely available to download.
Serious_MOod
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Serious_MOod »

IDKrisis wrote:
_mental_ wrote:AMD graphics hardware?
Yes. Simply using GZDoom version 3.3.2 solves the problem, as all the old versions are freely available to download.
Only 3.2.0. Because in later versions (even 3.2.1) dynamic lighting does not work correctly.

Return to “Levels”