Greetings Everyone! (LINK REMOVED FOR UPDATES)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Clay

Greetings Everyone! (LINK REMOVED FOR UPDATES)

Post by Clay »

Hello guys,

I finally got myself an account here after a bit of lurking. I have learned lots from my days of perusing the forum and since I work in zdoom exclusively, I figured this was the place for me.
I have created some a few "things" and a map pack with 7 maps. I am in the final stages. I just need to finish the music and and work out some bugs. You know how it is trying to De-bug your own
maps. You get a bit blind and cant tell if anything is wrong. On that note, I would love if you guys would try to break my maps! I want to finish this up and move onto a new project. I have already been working on it while I wait for fellow doomers to test this thing so I can publish it and get cracking my next idea.

LINK REMOVED FOR NOW. I WANT TO UPDATE IT A LOT MORE BEFORE FINAL RELEASE.

-Made in Using Slade 3 and slades map editor and then a bit of GZDoom(after I learned it existed).
-Doom in doom format.Some are doom format and some are UDMF.
-7 levels starting at Map01 - Hell-ish style
-Tested only in GZDoom (3d Floors are used so that is that)
-Made with the Brutalv20b.Pk3 so load it with that if you are a BD fan. NOTE: I was only learning ad chose to use BD as a resource(won't be doing that again).
-Jumping? Crouching? MouseLook?...Yeah sure. one of the levels require that you jump to exit and some secrets require it.
----YOU MUST Load it with both Chandeliers.pk3 and BeastsAndWeapons.pk3.----
-Credits in the final version and at the bottom of this topic
-There are some weapons and monsters from realm667. Some are modded a bit. Removed the smasher because it was out of place and unnecessary.
-You do NOT NEED to run it with Brutal Doom....though it is recommended for the intended experience.

UPDATE: I am JUST ABOUT ready to put this thing up on IDGames Archive and move onto other projects.
Someone please try to break it so I can fix it. :D I have fixed the issues mentioned here on this thread.

I have also added more screenshots! Enjoy!

SCREENS!!!:
Spoiler:

Have great night everyone and Happy dooming!
Spoiler:
Last edited by Clay on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grouchbag

Re: Greetings Everyone!

Post by grouchbag »

Just downloaded and will play this weekend.The screenshot looks really great.Also, the pic you made of the monsterlooks pretty cool.A stargate mapset would be neat as well!Cheers! :) :) :)
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Always up for new Hell-themed maps. Will give this a try.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Looking forward to your Suggestions and/or criticism. Have fun!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Has anyone played. I really want to focus on my Stargate project and would like to get this finished and bug fixed. I do not really believe it is worthy for upload to IDgames archive or whatnot, but it is a fun mapset overall(especially if loaded with Brutal Doom V20b).

ANY AND ALL FORMS A CRITICISM ARE WELCOME. I am not a giant baby.
rockthemike13

Post by rockthemike13 »

Hey there my friend!

I just wanted to chime in, I've been chipping along at it. I really really like it. Great atmosphere and reimagining of Doom 2. And the game play is really smooth too!

My only critique so far is level 1 feels very disproportionate ammo wise. I couldn't find nearly enough to clear the map, and found myself caught in one area for a lot longer than I felt I was supposed to, as I was punching and pistol poking every thing.

But so far so good! I'll give you a more comprehensive review when I finish.
Clay

Post by Clay »

rockthemike13 wrote:Hey there my friend!

I just wanted to chime in, I've been chipping along at it. I really really like it. Great atmosphere and reimagining of Doom 2. And the game play is really smooth too!

My only critique so far is level 1 feels very disproportionate ammo wise. I couldn't find nearly enough to clear the map, and found myself caught in one area for a lot longer than I felt I was supposed to, as I was punching and pistol poking every thing.

But so far so good! I'll give you a more comprehensive review when I finish.

Thanks! you are the second person to tell me that about the ammo. Definitely going to fix that up. I am glad that you have enjoyed it so far.
rockthemike13

Post by rockthemike13 »

Ok, just finished, sort of!

the map sets are awesome. Overall the gameplay is great, and every thing paces well. Here are my criticisms!
Spoiler:
The title cards were also a little hard to understand. You might want to get some body to brush up the English a bit on those. Other wise, it was awesome! Excellent work my friend. I had a blast.
Clay

Post by Clay »

rockthemike13 wrote:Ok, just finished, sort of!

the map sets are awesome. Overall the gameplay is great, and every thing paces well. Here are my criticisms!
Spoiler:
The title cards were also a little hard to understand. You might want to get some body to brush up the English a bit on those. Other wise, it was awesome! Excellent work my friend. I had a blast.

Thank you for your criticisms! I am working on the maps right now and will address those issues today. About the intermission screens. I think I am going to junk them entirely. I wrote them all very quickly right when I started the maps. They were intended to be sort of a container waiting to be improved/re-written. I just don't think are needed to enjoy the maps.

Keep these suggestions coming guys! I can only improve that which I am aware of. Happy dooming!

Return to “Levels”