Running Hell, 2 map Doom Wad + Hexen Mappack!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jthom

Running Hell, 2 map Doom Wad + Hexen Mappack!

Post by Jthom »

EDIT 08/31/17: These were the first maps that I made in DB, and since then I have gotten a lot more experience and have started on a new map for doom 2. It is called The Canyons of Hell, it is a 30 minute long map with much more detailed environments, more time and effort put into it, custom music, difficulty lvls. It is higher quality than my old maps I think, if you want to play it feel free to download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2cft6tflnsiq ... l.wad?dl=0
Thx guys for downloading, and pls feel free to give feedback and comments below. Thanks!

Hi all, I'm new to the forums and doombuilder, and there are a couple wads I've been working on lately. I was hoping to get some feedback for them. The first is a 2 map doom wad, named Running Hell, which is in the style of the original doom games. Playtested on GZdoom only, it doesn't require freelook/jump/crouch to complete. IWAD used is Doom 2. Just 2 oldschool style doom maps, hopefully a lot of fun for whoever plays them. The second wad is actually a mappack for HEXEN! One of my favorite games growing up! This mappack is 4 levels long, and features a variety of (easy) puzzles. Both wads have an abundance of items and ammunition scattered about, I am going for a casual to medium difficulty. There are secrets throughout both wads. The end of the Hexen mappack is once you open the castle door. Heres some pics:

Doom Pics

Hexen Pics

heres the download links:
Doom Wad
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4clfvr0wpch93 ... 1.wad?dl=0
Hexen Wad
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6enio7d5t4g5 ... l.wad?dl=0

Any feedback would be very appreciated, thank you.
Last edited by Jthom on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Running Hell, 2 map Doom Wad + Hexen Mappack!

Post by NeuralStunner »

Nice, some smaller map sets! I think I'll try these.

(Also your images were too large for the forum to handle, I switched them to the imgur tag for you.)
SwiftFunk
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Running Hell, 2 map Doom Wad + Hexen Mappack!

Post by SwiftFunk »

Just played it on Doom Touch, pretty good so far! Haven't gotten through it yet, so I'll say more later.

Return to “Levels”