Tomb Raider II - Lara's home TC

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ibm5155

Tomb Raider II - Lara's home TC

Post by ibm5155 »

This is a Project that I'm doing for some time, the idea is to create an almost perfect Lara's home clone, there's gonna have no enemies neither the gameplay is going to be changed.

But I'll not leave it empty, later when finished, I'll modify it to adapt it for the zombie horde mod.

Ah and I'll also allow everyone to edit the map the way they want (adding enemies, changing the sectors,...) but some credit for the map would be nice :)

What the mod'll have:
-3D models (all of them)
-3D floors (ALOT)
-3D slopes
-Working 3D model doors.
-Alot of textures.
-New Sounds.
-Zandronum compatible.
-Multiplayer Compatible. (I may actually add some vanilla weapons and ammo only for DM)

Showroom time:
grouchbag

Re: Tomb Raider II - Lara's home TC

Post by grouchbag »

I really like the looks of this.Will be watching for a download.Good luck on this! :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh god. Please finish this. It even has the training course! That's awesome!

Are you planning on doing the secret race track from TR3? edit: Even though i'm aware it's mostly inspired by TR2...
Sorry, just looked at the final part where you fly over it.

I'm looking foward to play this!!!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Looks like a solid start
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

First we got that mappack that recreates the Maria Doria section, and now we have the Assault Course.
Sooner or later somebody's going to actually legit remake TR2 in Doom, weapons to enemies and all.
I wonder if such a feat is even possible, I know there's an actual mod that's based on TR, but that one still focuses on the shooting part rather than the platformy parts.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

ZikShadow wrote:First we got that mappack that recreates the Maria Doria section, and now we have the Assault Course.
Sooner or later somebody's going to actually legit remake TR2 in Doom, weapons to enemies and all.
I wonder if such a feat is even possible, I know there's an actual mod that's based on TR, but that one still focuses on the shooting part rather than the platformy parts.
The 3D models part is at least easy, blender can load the TR2 models and you don't need alot of changes to include the files in doom builder.
I belive the same is true for the enemies, their ai were quite similar to the doom engine.

The worse part is the map itself, it has room over room and also walls with multiple textures and scale, forcing the use of tons of 3D floors OR making the map with many portals (the original TR2 Works only with portals and only that map has 100 of them D:)
gwHero
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by gwHero »

I really love this! Well done..
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Lovely stuff! Was all this built from scratch, or was it run through some sort of generator?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Looks like this could make for a good MP map. Looking nice mate.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

Wiw wrote:Lovely stuff! Was all this built from scratch, or was it run through some sort of generator?
All build from scratch (I was using 2 tomb raider 2 map viewers to get the right dimentions of every areas), at at ,least the 3D models were compatible with blender :D

EDIT:
SomeOtherDoomGuy wrote:Looks like this could make for a good MP map. Looking nice mate.
Yeah, when this map is completed, I'll make some new changes on it for a special version of this map to run with the zombie horde mod.

For now, the worst part of porting this map is the room over room areas and their weird texture setup where a wall can have multiple textures D:
Arghonn

Post by Arghonn »

Oh, this looks really neat! Can't wait for a release so I can walk around staring at all the details.
On another note, what's that custom HUD you're using? Is it something you made specifically for the map or did you get it elsewhere?
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

Arghonn wrote:Oh, this looks really neat! Can't wait for a release so I can walk around staring at all the details.
On another note, what's that custom HUD you're using? Is it something you made specifically for the map or did you get it elsewhere?
the HUD came from the Zombie Horde mod (the hud isnt in the lara map, I was only testing the lara map with that mod loaded)

Return to “Levels”