Phobos: The Doomed Moon --RELEASED--

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mere_Duke

Re: Phobos: The Doomed Moon --FINAL UPDATE--

Post by Mere_Duke »

Rustygold wrote:You heard of the UAC installing a teleporter that would beam people from Earth and back.
...but it beams you not to the Earth but to the deepest depths of Hell? :)
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

Only one way to find out 0)_(0
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

playing through it now. having a good time. fun little maps. so far a little predictable but the music choice is great and im having a damn good time.
will edit this once i finish to let you know what i thought!

EDIT: okay, the first two maps were predictable...so far the rest have been a god damn party.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

Thanks for the playthrough. Still not 100% done. Gotta get my ass Into gear and finish E1M8 and then I'll be all peaches and cream. That being said, After I finish the final level I'll go through and make sure all the older maps are bug free and I may replace E1M2. So far what would you say your Favourite map is? I'm kinda torn between M1M5 and E1M7.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Ahhh hell. That’s a hard one. I just finished m5 and it was definitely a banger.

These maps are fun man.

Let me finish up and I’ll gibe you a full rundown of how I feel. I don’t review like a dick. I usually point out the good shit and try to get you the emphasize it hahaha
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

E1M2 was kinda the oddball in the map set with those nukage-like tunnels.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

is there any way youd be willing to head back to the first three maps and update them to be as epic and kick ass as the 5th and 7th?

i think some people might not play through all the way with those maps, but 5, 6 and 7 are fuckin killer man. you should elevate all of your maps to that level, because youre definitely talented. id say start the pack with some bangers to show you mean business.
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

I hope I don't make the first three maps so good that I have to re do the rest of the game and keep In some weird circle of un-ending improvement hahah! Though I'm not sure If I should keep assets from the original 3 maps and like mix all the cool parts together for one map. I dunno.... I think I'll stop progress on E1M8 and start re-making the original 3 now, Then go back to E1m8.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

M1 perhaps can use a few more rooms, M2 you could rebuild or considerably modify and M3 doesn't really need much on the side of editing at all. It's up to you but don't keep getting in a loop of perfection as Memfis over at DW forums brings up in a good discussion about it.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Rustygold wrote:I hope I don't make the first three maps so good that I have to re do the rest of the game and keep In some weird circle of un-ending improvement hahah! Though I'm not sure If I should keep assets from the original 3 maps and like mix all the cool parts together for one map. I dunno.... I think I'll stop progress on E1M8 and start re-making the original 3 now, Then go back to E1m8.

I feel like you’re describing my exact mapping experience with SVNHRNS/SVNEYES HAHAHA
but yeah man. The first three are good. But the last four are excellent. Seriously. But that’s not a bad idea. Kinda combine he three. Raise some ceilings. Give a few more pickups. You’ll have a banger on your hands.
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

Why are we both up at 3:00A.M. on a Tuesday? lmao. Ok so I completely erased the first map and I'm laying It out right now. I know It looks abit small but It's the first map and I always kinda follow the classic Doom formula when It comes to that. But this time I have a cool exit idea. I'm also thinking about merging E1M2 and E1M3 The maps are kinda similar anyway. As for the new E1M3 well I guess I'm gonna start from scratch.
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20180306_031446.png
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Rustygold wrote:Why are we both up at 3:00A.M. on a Tuesday? lmao. Ok so I completely erased the first map and I'm laying It out right now. I know It looks abit small but It's the first map and I always kinda follow the classic Doom formula when It comes to that. But this time I have a cool exit idea. I'm also thinking about merging E1M2 and E1M3 The maps are kinda similar anyway. As for the new E1M3 well I guess I'm gonna start from scratch.

i honestly have no idea hahaha, im a huge piece of shit who cant sleep, but i doubt thats your reason.

no pressure man! i just always say drop something banging that takes a little more time than something good. those first three maps were just a liiitle weak but you delivered super hard on the last four so i think you can come through with those redone. then send it to idgames.
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

Well I'm about 50% done with remaking the first level I would say I'm liking the progress so far.
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20180311_175932.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180311_175932.png (32.88 KiB) Viewed 624 times
Screenshot_Doom_20180311_175924.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180311_175924.png (27.31 KiB) Viewed 624 times
Screenshot_Doom_20180311_175949.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180311_175949.png (28.5 KiB) Viewed 624 times
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

YESSSS. That first screen looks fantastic.

There it is. You’re on it.

Return to “Levels”