lilith.pk3 - /idgames released!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: lilith.pk3 - release candidate 1

Post by Rachael »

For some reason glitchy stuff has its appeal, even to me if you'd ever believe that, and I liked the mapset solely on the basis of that.

But it did very quickly reach that point of "this is getting a bit drawn out" towards the end.

I like the inter-level messages though. ;)
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

This is a really cute and neat alternative idea, even if glitching and corruption stuff triggers a horrible lizard brain anxiety in me in extreme cases. On one hand, it would be neat to see more, but on the other hand, I don't really think this kind of thing would stand up to a sequel or an extended level set. Even if at the gameplay level it's janky (By design) it is really fascinating to look at the engine twist and contort itself like this. It is particularly fascinating how the levels are actually still playable without randomly groping at walls looking for a switch, despite everything.
Gez

Post by Gez »

I wasn't very fond of the "platforming over lava while a bunch of arachnotrons shoot continually" part in the end, cause it made me mostly cheese the fight as much as possible. Spent a lot of time hiding behind cover waiting for projectiles to crash on walls. The cyberdemon's volleys of slow rockets were interesting, though. Another thing I didn't enjoy on the last map were the hurtful polyobjects; especially the first. To start with it took me a while (and looking at the automap) to figure that there was a polyobject. The first time I thought it was a really strong damaging floor which meant that this way was blocked, so I wasted time looking for another path...

Overall, an interesting trip. I finished the mod with a mixed feeling of relieved to have seen it to its end and yet somehow wanting more. Kind of a glitched feeling, really.
whateve

Post by whateve »

seeing the ghost images of revenants in homs was pretty good trip up. 7 maps was a good length too, and things were juuust parsable enough to navigate most of the time (and the automap still worked fine, thankfully). all in all this was a fun level set, and having randomized pitches with all the sound detail was a nice touch. I'd be interesting to see a video showcasing the creation of different effects, dated as they may be.
anotak

Post by anotak »

thank you all so much for the feedback. <3

i tried my best to improve upon RC1 and create RC2
still zdoom 2.8.1 / zdoom LE only (not qz/gz/zandro)
here's some new screens. of something mildly secret maybe.

dl link
SwiftFunk
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: lilith.pk3 - release candidate 2

Post by SwiftFunk »

Seems pretty cool, I'll try this when I get back from vacation.
anotak

Re: lilith.pk3 - /idgames released!

Post by anotak »

it's up on idgames. here's the doomworld downloads section url, and here's the oldschool legacy page.
thank you all so much for playing. lilith.pk3 was a rly personal thing for me to create and it really makes me happy to share it
this version is the same as RC2 for those who played it

more screenshots here

again, dl url is here
zrakbz

Post by zrakbz »

May we know now, why "lilith"?
anotak

Post by anotak »

it won't remain a mystery forever
RastaManGames
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RastaManGames »

This is our "Sky May Be" of new generation of ZDoom mod developers! :shock:
Last edited by RastaManGames on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I'm not sure how anyone can play this without getting a headache, throwing up, or both...
anotak

Post by anotak »

please don't play it if you start to feel bad, the warning at the start is there for a reason
Bezhael

Post by Bezhael »

Look like what happens when you run doom though a ROM Corrupter. The fact that this is an intentionally glitched up map set is very unique. But I think it might be better with some corrupted and glitched up music.
anotak

Post by anotak »

Bezhael wrote:Look like what happens when you run doom though a ROM Corrupter. The fact that this is an intentionally glitched up map set is very unique. But I think it might be better with some corrupted and glitched up music.
was the music that came with it not glitched up enough?
Bezhael

Post by Bezhael »

I meant music like this: https://youtu.be/XSPZ6G-5Il4
Or this: https://youtu.be/VUW0mTiRaxo

Like really messed up garbled mess of glitched up sounds.

Return to “Levels”