lilith.pk3 - /idgames released!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gollgagh

Re: lilith.pk3 - /idgames released!

Post by Gollgagh »

Bezhael wrote:
anotak wrote:
Bezhael wrote:Look like what happens when you run doom though a ROM Corrupter. The fact that this is an intentionally glitched up map set is very unique. But I think it might be better with some corrupted and glitched up music.
was the music that came with it not glitched up enough?
I meant music like this: https://youtu.be/XSPZ6G-5Il4
Or this: https://youtu.be/VUW0mTiRaxo

Like really messed up garbled mess of glitched up sounds.
I dunno, I really liked the more subtle "corruption" that anotak went for instead of straight earrape, since it's got recognizable elements of the original tracks, but it's still not quite right.
anotak

Post by anotak »

Bezhael wrote:Like really messed up garbled mess of glitched up sounds.
the track for MAP08 is layered with doom2.wad loaded as a raw audio file
Judge

Post by Judge »

anotak wrote:
Bezhael wrote:Like really messed up garbled mess of glitched up sounds.
the track for MAP08 is layered with doom2.wad loaded as a raw audio file
That's an interesting way of doing it.
Last edited by Blue Shadow on Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Enabled BBCode.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Congratulations! A truly unique, one-of-a-kind mapset.
anotak

Post by anotak »

thank you!

i've honestly been deeply shocked at the positive reception it's gotten. i thought that maybe a tiny handful of people would really like it, and most people would hate it.

i wanted to make something very personal to me, and my relationship to reality. i didn't expect that to have much resonance with most people. or maybe it doesn't, and people liked it anyway. tough to tell.
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

It's well deserved
Especially with all the time invested studying how the engine works so you could pull off something like this.
It shows off some bizarre stuff that most of us didn't even know ZDoom was capable of
nazakomu

Post by nazakomu »

Yes indeed! I'm impressed the most by the mere fact that the engine can break this much. And while the visuals may seem like absolute garbage to some, it ultimately comes down to the work put behind this mod to produce such destruction of the engine. The glitches seen in this mod were completely unimaginable for me, since I never thought this many things could glitch into such a beautiful clusterfuck.

Overall, I'm pretty glad this got a Cacoward, because I think it was well-deserved, too!
PlayerLin
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

While I already said on the Doomworld's cacoward topic about I silly ruined the fun myself and this is not my cup of tea, I decide to give a other chance as in fact I actually like this kind of idea(especifically glitched TAS/gameplay videos), and after played all levels...
(except Map08, I HATE that spinning-glitched-overlaying-walls trap, after have enough about the meh gameplay, I just burn out, sorry)

...well, I didn't changed much about my mind, but I still like the whole idea, and something in this mapset, like wall/floor/sky textures/actor sprites goes apeshit & funny, abuse enging bugs and make levels looks so glitched and broken with some aesthetics, random sounds playing when Doomguy get killed, and his XDEATH state may spawn a revenant and fight other monsters, I love this one! :)

And the nice designs about glitched visuals and monsters, I would give it 4 or 5 but only on joke/mockwad reasons, but the gameplay just made me want to give up after Map03, even though I still try to complete the mapset, until Map08. I guess it may because the nature of designs for glitched mess, sometimes shit just hardly to see...keep got murdered because the glitched monster just get me as I think it was dead, and get lost on some mazes due to glitched textures and decorations. :3:

Well, I still not say this is bad or even some worse wording but just can't have too much fun with it for me. And glad this mapset got a cacoward, congratulations! But it should be Mockaward! :P
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

hey anotak, good job with the mod (heh, I love glitch style mods :D )
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

FInally got around to playing this thanks to the Cacowards. I must say, as someone who has never had the oportunity to take psychedelics, I wanna thank you for this enlightening, third-eye opening experience. I feel like I have to update my mental RAM now, and update my spiritual drivers.
anotak

Post by anotak »

thanks again for the further kind words
sry that i dont check this forum too often, i hope you understand given what went on
ibm5155 wrote:hey anotak, good job with the mod (heh, I love glitch style mods :D )
hey!
i enjoyed your SSH EASTER EGG.pk3 that was glitchy before, someone sent it to me near the middle-end of lilith development. i still think there's more to be explored in these directions
Bezhael

Post by Bezhael »

anotak wrote:thanks again for the further kind words
sry that i dont check this forum too often, i hope you understand given what went on
ibm5155 wrote:hey anotak, good job with the mod (heh, I love glitch style mods :D )
hey!
i enjoyed your SSH EASTER EGG.pk3 that was glitchy before, someone sent it to me near the middle-end of lilith development. i still think there's more to be explored in these directions
What makes this so impressive is that fact that this is something that only one who knows the entire engine inside and out by heart would be able to create. The massive amount of knowledge required to exploit the engine to force it to glitch up so badly but still create a completable set of levels is extremely hard to obtain. It requires some very clever programming specific to a particular version and that's why the check routine is included.

But trying it out on other versions of zdoom and specifically gzdoom and seeing which glitches work and which don't would actually indicate what parts of the code to change to get it to work on other versions.

Also what is the SSH EASTER EGG.pk3? I have not seen that one before.

By the way I honestly did not expect this start such a nasty flame war.

Return to “Levels”