Released - Bad Religion

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NaturalTvventy

Released - Bad Religion

Post by NaturalTvventy »

New map release - Bad Religion.

Comments welcome.

Link: https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/18 ... -religion/

Pics:
Last edited by NaturalTvventy on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jblade

Re: [Beta] New map - Bad Religion

Post by Jblade »

Just checked this out now - a pretty nice map overall! Aesthetically it was well done, texture choice was solid and the level had a solid layout overall. Lots of secrets as well, which is good. Only thing I could think of suggesting is maybe making the drop to the blue key area a little bit more obvious (you know where you drop down into the tunnels with the gas skulls and stuff, maybe a blue torch or something at the top there)

Gameplay was tough, but felt pretty good overall. The custom monsters were used relatively well, although I'm not a huge fan of the green plasma throwing imps. I didn't find that many secrets, so I'm not sure how powerful a 100% secret player would be over a lesser one but I felt relatively well equipped for most fights. The biggest challenge was securing a safe zone at the start of the map, but that's one of the biggest charms of a more open map like this one. End fight was pretty cool, and the friendly summon was cool to see as well.

A good map overall, I enjoyed my time with it - one question though, I wasn't sure if jumping was allowed or not. I didn't see any obvious jumping sections so I assumed not but if so, I'd remember to disable it when releasing. Wish I had a suggestion for a midi track, but the map is of a decent length so I'd try and find a longer, more slower one than a fast action track (just my personal preference talking of course)
NaturalTvventy

Post by NaturalTvventy »

Thanks JBlade. I'm glad you like it. I've since added some arrows on the ground pointing to the hole leading to the blue key.

No, jumping isn't allowed technically, though I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't affect gameplay at all.
SwiftFunk
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SwiftFunk »

Nice map, pretty challenging on UV, at least for me. The design is really nice too. Great work so far!
NaturalTvventy

Re: Released - Bad Religion

Post by NaturalTvventy »

The official release has been posted. See OP for link.

Return to “Levels”