Page 2 of 3

Re: [v2] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:23 pm
by Somagu
Hexen test map lacks the Falcon Shield.

Also, thanks for these, they're a real godsend for testing.

Re: [v2] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:47 am
by Kinsie
Somagu wrote:Hexen test map lacks the Falcon Shield.

Also, thanks for these, they're a real godsend for testing.
Should be fixed now, thanks for the heads up.

Re: [v2] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:11 pm
by DabbingSquidward
In HEXTEST, the Green and Brown Chaos Serpent Spawners are swapped. Regardless, I can't wait to see STRFETST next :D
Your test map reminds me of the Super Mario 64 DS test map btw :)

Re: [v2] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:21 pm
by AdmiralAjax
Not sure if you've seen it but the map seems to have a problem with Legendoom. No weapons show except normal chainguns.

Re: [v3] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:37 pm
by Kinsie
Released a minor update, by request of Nash. This adds two pairs of slopes to the Jungle Gym.

Image

The green set consists of standard sloped floors, the red set is made up of sloped 3D floors. Both sets consist of slopes with angle values of 8, 16, 32, 48 and 64. (Standard ZDoom players cannot walk up the last two.)

Re: [v3] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:03 am
by Captain J
Feels like you just have Created the Amusement Park for all of us! XD That's a nice change, too.

Re: [v2] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:56 am
by Kinsie
DabbingSquidward wrote:In HEXTEST, the Green and Brown Chaos Serpent Spawners are swapped.
I just fixed this issue, along with making the 3D floor slopes a little thicker to avoid clipping issues.

Re: [v3.1] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:25 am
by DabbingSquidward
To reiterate my previous post: What's next, a Strife version? :D

Re: [v3.1] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:14 pm
by AvzinElkein
Also, the Firemace is missing from the Heretic test map.

Re: [v3.1] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:17 pm
by wildweasel
AvzinElkein wrote:Also, the Firemace is missing from the Heretic test map.

If it's just directly placed, the Firemace has a 75% chance of appearing - the other 25%, it doesn't appear at all. (source)

Re: [v3.1] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:21 pm
by Rachael
Much to the chagrin of a mapper that wants it to be guaranteed....

Also - only one will exist in the map at a given time. If you place two, there's a 75% chance one will have it, but the other is guaranteed not to.

Re: [v3.1] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:42 pm
by DabbingSquidward
Actor GuaranteedMaceSpawner : SpecialSpot replaces MaceSpawner
{
+NOSECTOR
+NOBLOCKMAP
States
{
Spawn:
TNT1 A 1
TNT1 A -1 A_SpawnSingleItem("Mace", 0, 0, 0)
Stop
}
}

Re: [v3.1] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:12 am
by Gez
Doesn't need to be a special spot.

In fact, the simplest solution is simply to give an editor number to the Mace actor in MAPINFO and there you go.

Re: [v3.2] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:38 am
by Kinsie
I found an even simpler way - just using SpawnSpot to spawn Maces from mapspots. :)

Updated the Heretic map with a second row of Maces spawned via ACS, allowing you to test that weapon while also still testing its weird spawning logic should you ever deign to mess with that.

DabbingSquidward wrote:To reiterate my previous post: What's next, a Strife version? :D
Strife has a lot of weird things that'd need to be made testable, like merchants and QuestItems and trash like that. I have to wonder how deep I should dive into that...

Re: [v3.2] Kinsie's Gameplay Mod Test Map

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:00 am
by DabbingSquidward
@Gez

The original MaceSpawner is also a SpecialSpot. This is mainly meant for Heretic maps in general, so you still only get one mace if there are multiple SpawnSpots, but without the failchance.