The Strip Mall (Single-Map WAD)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nath0n

The Strip Mall (Single-Map WAD)

Post by Nath0n »

Doomguy goes to get some groceries at a Strip Mall in this single-map WAD. In all reality, I just made this to experiment around with Doom mapping, and Imma just post a link and get lost.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1elz59omp ... ipMall.zip
rockthemike13

Re: The Strip Mall (Single-Map WAD)

Post by rockthemike13 »

Fun quick map! Just want to know what it's supposed to be run with though, I ran it in zdoom and there were a lot of missing textures.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

rockthemike13 wrote:I ran it in zdoom and there were a lot of missing textures.
Did you load both WADs? There are a few console errors about other things but no missing textures for me.

Code: Select all

Script error, "StripMall.wad:MAPINFO" line 1:
Unknown property '0.0' found in map definition

Script error, "StripMall.wad:MAPINFO" line 1:
Unknown property ',' found in map definition

Script error, "StripMall.wad:MAPINFO" line 2:
Unknown property '0.0' found in map definition

map02 - Creditz

Music "D_CREDITZ" not found
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I like this! It's just a room-to-room arena set, but each one has unique and clear challenges that are distinct without feeling gimmicky, while also having a very strong sense of the sort of place the maps are supposed to emulate. It really takes advantage of the special strengths and weaknesses of each monster.

Would be nice if the pk3 could just contain the wads without the subfolder so you can run the pk3 directly.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

not a bad mapset : its a realistic, assault / skirmish type gameplay which I enjoy quite a bit, probably as a symptom of being a hideous destructor fan.

One thing to note : REMEMBER to make doors REPEATABLE actions : the grocery store had all your line defs single use, which means the doors lock after being opened a single time : fine if you really WANT that, but this is actually a little game breaking in some cases.
rockthemike13

Post by rockthemike13 »

Enjay wrote:
rockthemike13 wrote:I ran it in zdoom and there were a lot of missing textures.
Did you load both WADs? There are a few console errors about other things but no missing textures for me.
Duketex.wad and stripmall.wad yeah? Huh... Running it in Zdoom on the Doom2.wad theres a bunch of missing textures and stuff for me. I'm a pleb though, probably some how loaded it wrong.

Return to “Levels”