SilverCore - Quick MAP30 Replacement (40 cyberdemons!)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Spaceman333

SilverCore - Quick MAP30 Replacement (40 cyberdemons!)

Post by Spaceman333 »

SILVER TECH CORE
================
MAP30 (Doom 2 final boss map) replacement mod

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addo ... silvercore

About:
======

I don't like Doom 2's Final Boss - the Icon Of Sin - or any final map that use it as a final boss, like OBLIGE-generated mappacks. Its not a direct fight like the rest of the game is. I want the "shoot at it until it dies" cyberdemon battle.

This MAP30 replacement mod does exactly this.

Its a short map.
You assault a reactor room to hit the exit button.
You get tons of ammo, armor, backpacks, health and a BFG.
Between you and the exit are 40 cyberdemons.
There is enough room to move around and the cyberdemons are staggered in 3 stages.
First section is a light battle against 5 cyberdemons.
Second section is an intense assault with about 25 cyberdemons.
Final stretch is a push to the reactor room, while being bombarded by the rest 10 cyberdemons.

Overall its a fun finishing map of nonstop powerfest of BFG blasts and explosions, not meant as a hard challenge. Its meant as a satisfying and simple campaign ender. I created this map by handpicking the most suitable map generated by OBLIGE 5.10(WIP). It took me about 140 maps before I found this one, which I then edited in Doom Builder with new textures, lighting, geometry and extra things.

Don't expect much though, its just quick and simple solution. I'm sharing it because I would have wanted to see this type of a map replacement mod when I started making it.

Install:
========

Make sure you load this AFTER whatever mappack you use. This mod works as an addon that will replace whatever MAP30 a mappack/default game contains.

I install mods by autoloading them via gzdoom-username.ini
https://zdoom.org/wiki/How_to_autoload_files

Credits:
========
OBLIGE - Best level generator for doom. Make sure you try all version (7.50, 6.20, 5.10, 3.57)!
Doom Builder 2 - Very good mapping software. With a few video tutorials, I learned to use it really fast.
SublimelyElegant - Youtube channel with excellent video tutorials on how to use Doom Builder 2. Recommend!
Spaceman333 - I put this mod together.

Return to “Levels”