MWMC: My Weird Map Collection

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
EtherBot

MWMC: My Weird Map Collection

Post by EtherBot »

"My Weird Map Collection"
A collection of 30 weird maps where the antagonist is a dark grey sign with white calibri text and the only way out is to follow the directions of The Game. :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1aZFl ... Ztd2c/view

This is a selection of my first 30 maps that I used to learn the ropes of Doombuilder.

Made for Doom II, has some custom textures but they're sort of context sensitive and not very useful. If you see any missing textures please tell me about it

It should run seamlessly for GZDoom OR Zandronum, but it works best in Zandronum. Idk if it works for prboom or chocolate etc or not.. it probably doesn't work for ZDoom given that it has 3D Sectors and such, but I haven't tested it.

You need to enable Mouselook in order to enjoy it to the fullest extent but you shouldn't ever need to JUMP. If jumping is in your playstyle than it won't break anything, per say, but it's not required to ever beat the maps.

It actually has a plot (kind of) that you don't even need to read about in like a txt or something, but it's strictly a beginners guide to gzdoom that I made in my spare time. I focused my efforts more into level design and pacing than into things like decoration and architecture so if those things are what you looking for than this mod isn't for you, but if you like a fair challenge or are interested in early portfolio work, than feel free to tell me what you thought! Also tell me about any sections you thought were way to hard, way to easy, or not fun for any other vague reasons because those are the kinds of things I'm trying to figure out. Keep in mind that these are meant to be more like obstacle courses than exploration focused levels so if your comment is that it's very linear than I can't really use that information for anything other than "Oh ok so Doom-players like regular Doom-Level-Design who know?"

Anything I make will be fun to me just based on the novelty of me making it so I'm too biased to know if it's any good or not.
Zen3001

Re: MWMC: My Weird Map Collection

Post by Zen3001 »

pretty funny, very little detail but I have fetish for low detailed doom wads.
there are some missing textures that could potentialy lead to an unexpected death but it's one of the most memorable gzdoom wad I have played so far.

Return to “Levels”