Maps4D4T - Heatwave Demake

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mr.Enchanter

Maps4D4T - Heatwave Demake

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

I've put off making a post about this project until it was finished, as I have a horrible habit of announcing projects too far in advance. The map is complete, meant for multiplayer, and there will be both a specific D4T and Vanilla/Other mod Compatible versions as D4T has a few extra weapons that I would like to put into the map. Both versions will be released when D4T 2.0 is released and this thread will be updated accordingly. Included in this post is a few videos showing early gameplay with bots, when D4T 2.0 is released, this will also be updated with a video that shows the finished map as well as the new features that D4T 2.0 has to offer.

I do also have to point out that this is not a 1 for 1 recreation, it is my take on the map, but the main shape is still there. I've added a bit of my own style into the map, and made it a bit more industrial and gritty than the original.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Videos:
1st Video

2nd Video

3rd Video
COMING SOON!

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
TSPG Link
Github Link
Geocities Link

MULTIPLAYER SERVER:
[TSPG] Painkiller: UACDS:: D4T Heatwave - 149.56.242.162:10716
Last edited by Mr.Enchanter on Tue May 23, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keckle_Knight

Re: Maps4D4T - Heatwave Demake

Post by Keckle_Knight »

This looks amazing man please keep it up!!
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

Nice work Enchanter, I tried it out for a bit against bots who got absolutely rekt, I love this map.
Sgt Nate V

Post by Sgt Nate V »

Sorry for the bump, but apparently you would say this would be released when D4T 2.0 was. Where is it?
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

Sgt Jack V wrote:Sorry for the bump, but apparently you would say this would be released when D4T 2.0 was. Where is it?
I have to fix a few things, and I've been busy as I just got a new job, I should have it out in the next day or so.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Wow fantastic work
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

Uploaded to TSPG as I will be running a server with this and D4T 2.0.

Unfortunately, I can't test it in Zandronum for some reason because I updated my audio drivers and now FMOD is causing issues on startup, sooooo, I need you guys to test stuff out for me, I'll post the server info soon. Leaving multiple download links for convenience purposes for you guys in case one or more don't work somewhere down the line for some reason..

Meant to be played with D4T 2.0, I will be releasing a Vanilla/Other mod Compatible version soon. Sorry about the late release. OP will be updated as well.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
TSPG Link
Github Link
Geocities Link

Bit of an update, I need to fix something, I forgot that fog really messes with the mid textures in Zandronum, and issue I previously had but forgot until now.

Server name:
[TSPG] Painkiller: UACDS:: D4T Heatwave

Updated it, links should still work.
HyperLuke

Post by HyperLuke »

I played it for a bit on my own using GZDoom 3.0. Looks incredible. One thing I noticed is that the jump pads shoot you off in a weird direction, also without D4T, the weapon pickups don't seem to work, I am not sure If its supposed to be exclusively for Zandronum. Good job otherwise.
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

HyperLuke wrote:I played it for a bit on my own using GZDoom 3.0. Looks incredible. One thing I noticed is that the jump pads shoot you off in a weird direction, also without D4T, the weapon pickups don't seem to work, I am not sure If its supposed to be exclusively for Zandronum. Good job otherwise.
Mr.Enchanter wrote:Meant to be played with D4T 2.0, I will be releasing a Vanilla/Other mod Compatible version soon. Sorry about the late release. OP will be updated as well.
No, it can be used in GzDoom, but it's meant for DM and most people get their DM fix in Zandy.
HyperLuke

Post by HyperLuke »

I'll try it in Zandy.
HyperLuke

Post by HyperLuke »

Sorry I took awhile, busy during weekdays. It was pretty much the same using Zandronum 3.0. The same small issues exist, like the jump pads shooting you to the right, and the weapons not appearing if you are playing without D4T.
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

HyperLuke wrote:Sorry I took awhile, busy during weekdays. It was pretty much the same using Zandronum 3.0. The same small issues exist, like the jump pads shooting you to the right, and the weapons not appearing if you are playing without D4T.
Mr.Enchanter wrote:I will be releasing a Vanilla/Other mod Compatible version soon.
I'll address the jump pads when I am able to work on this.
eyesoftheworld94

Post by eyesoftheworld94 »

Very amazing work on this Mr.Enchanter. Is there any other DM maps from D'16 you'd work on as well? I know DbThanatos had demaked The Chasm for D4T and it would be cool if more of the D'16 Maps were de-made. (which would be:
Excavation
Infernal
Disposal
Helix
Perdition
Sacrilegious
Beneath
Ritual
Cataclysm
Offering
Argent Breach
Molten
Orbital

Any thoughts on this or assembling a team to work on other de-makes of these maps?

Return to “Levels”