[Release] Waterlab GZD

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Rex705

Re: [Release] Waterlab GZD

Post by Rex705 »

I love this map it looks great but when I try to use weapon mods like Final Doomer the frames drop.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I can't really explain that one. The map does have quite a few DECORATE enemies, but it doesn't touch the weapons. So a weapon replacement mod should be fine.

There are also quite a few dynamic lights on the map and quite a few effects of one type or another. Perhaps the weapons mod is interfering with something in there somehow - but I'm not really sure why it would cause an issue.
ddmeltzer8

Post by ddmeltzer8 »

FANTASTIC!!!this is sooo good!and the fact that it didnt win the caco is ridiculous.

thanks for making pc gaming what it is.
DitheredOutput

Post by DitheredOutput »

Just found this and had to say I'm having a blast with it! A very immersive map with great use of environmental sounds. Leans heavily into horror and is big, challenging and varied. One of my favorite maps to date!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

A bit of a blast from the past, but thank you very much. It's always nice to get positive feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying the map. :)
stevet1

Post by stevet1 »

Is there an up to date link for this wad, I can't get the one in the original post to download.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

The link was fine, it was just an old format http: one instead of an https: one. Some browsers have got really fussy about that in the last year or so. Anyway, my site has an SSL certificate these days, so I updated the link in the FP and it should work now. Not sure why it didn't auto-switch to https though. It's meant to.

Return to “Levels”