Moonblood Megawad - Up on /idgames!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Deadwing

Re: Moonblood Megawad - Up on /idgames!

Post by Deadwing »

Ryuhi wrote:should be working now. I'll admit, as much as the death exit annoyed me, i definitely didnt see it coming XD
That's awesome! I'll watch later today, thanks a lot ryuhi! :D
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Hey. I started playing this.

Loving the corridor based fights. I've made it only to map07 so far. But one thing I will admit is bothering me a lot, is the "never in map" secrets. I have something agains that. I will admit im going with D4T and trying to get completionists, but at this point I have failed several because many secrets are not in the map, at all. The only way I could find them was with IDDT. And I dont like cheating :P

Other than that, pretty nice so far! :D
Deadwing

Post by Deadwing »

I'm watching your stream Ryuhi, pretty good so far! (I finished only the first 11 levels, though). I never heard about this mod (trailblazer), the monsters look a lot more powerful on them D:
DBThanatos wrote:Hey. I started playing this.

Loving the corridor based fights. I've made it only to map07 so far. But one thing I will admit is bothering me a lot, is the "never in map" secrets. I have something agains that. I will admit im going with D4T and trying to get completionists, but at this point I have failed several because many secrets are not in the map, at all. The only way I could find them was with IDDT. And I dont like cheating :P

Thanks Thanatos :D

So, the idea for the secrets was that the easier ones would be hidden in the automap, while the harder ones there wouldn't be that need. Regardless, I tried to add some visual clue for the secrets so they wouldn't be too hard to find. Anyway, I'm glad you're liking so far! :D
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Deadwing wrote:I'm watching your stream Ryuhi, pretty good so far! (I finished only the first 11 levels, though). I never heard about this mod (trailblazer), the monsters look a lot more powerful on them D:
DBThanatos wrote:Hey. I started playing this.

Thanks Thanatos :D

So, the idea for the secrets was that the easier ones would be hidden in the automap, while the harder ones there wouldn't be that need. Regardless, I tried to add some visual clue for the secrets so they wouldn't be too hard to find. Anyway, I'm glad you're liking so far! :D
I'm playing with a few mods, Trailblazer 1.4a (with enhanced difficulty) along with Brutal Doom Monsters Only v20 (and the necessary compatibility patch.)

they combine for a pretty fast paced playthrough, as you can see :3
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

@Deadwing

Here's a bit of gameplay with my mod, if you're interested.
Spoiler:
Deadwing

Post by Deadwing »

DBThanatos, that's awesome! The game looks a lot different with the mod (amazing btw, the soundtrack for the new doom is fucking awesome :mrgreen: and you did a pretty good job with the new sprites and gameplay changes, woah!) I haven't watched everything, but I'll do certainly :D

Ryuhi, now I see the problem with the Death Exit. The trailblazer mod has a leveling and upgrade system, so when you die you lose everything, which is a much worse punishment than in vanilla doom :/
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

im almost finished with this pack and im telling you now...this thing is getting a nomination for a caco from me.

absolute blast. the puzzles are fun. the layouts are old school. the battles are perrrrfect.

i havent played a pack this fun for a minute deadwing. im fuckin glad i got to play it! hahaha
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

why wont it let me rate it on idgames?
AD_79

Post by AD_79 »

Use the new review system on Doomworld instead.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

AD_79 wrote:Use the new review system on Doomworld instead.
will do!

god thats better and less dos-feeling than idgames.
Deadwing

Post by Deadwing »

cortlong50 wrote:im almost finished with this pack and im telling you now...this thing is getting a nomination for a caco from me.

absolute blast. the puzzles are fun. the layouts are old school. the battles are perrrrfect.

i havent played a pack this fun for a minute deadwing. im fuckin glad i got to play it! hahaha
Woah, I'm really glad you did like it, courtlong, especially because you're in the end and the wad's style changes quite a bit on the second half.

Thank you again :)
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Deadwing wrote:
cortlong50 wrote:im almost finished with this pack and im telling you now...this thing is getting a nomination for a caco from me.

Woah, I'm really glad you did like it, courtlong, especially because you're in the end and the wad's style changes quite a bit on the second half.

Thank you again :)

thats actually my favorite part...you kept each episode perfectly long. right when i get tired of the same architecture and textures you switch it up.
super fun man. great pack.

Return to “Levels”